Old February 7th 07, 02:25 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Welcome to HF Weekend

From: (Scott*in*Baltimore)
Spread the word!
Welcome Technicians to HF Weekend!
To celebrate their arrival and welcome Technician class licensees to HF,
Friday, February 23, 2007 through Sunday, February 25, 2007 has been
designated as "Welcome Technicians to HF Weekend"! Of the 655,129 US
Amateur Radio licensees, 323,443 (49%) are Technicians, so the number of
potential HF operators will effectively double overnight!
Most Technicians will probably be eager to explore their new 10-meter
phone privileges first. Since we are at the bottom of the cycle and sky
wave contacts may be difficult on 10 meters, all hams are encouraged to
monitor 28.365 throughout the weekend to contact and welcome as many
Technician licensees as possible.
While Technicians can operate SSB anywhere between 28.300 and 28.500,
setting a "meeting" frequency will increase the likelihood of successful
contacts and a positive first impression of HF if the band isn't open.
Of course, if the band is open, calling CQ anywhere in the sub band will
likely yield positive results!
This is a great opportunity to encourage new hams and do a bit of
Elmering. Spread the word to the hams in your area, help the Technician
licensees in you club to build 10-meter antennas, get on the air and
have fun! See you on 28.365!
Catch on the bands!
-
The cream always rises to the top.

Old February 7th 07, 02:53 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

The cream always rises to the top.

I wish it had started 16 days early. I turned on my CB when I got home
from work and the band was hopping. I can only assume 10 meters was also
open. I've waited this long, what's another few days...

-Scott, who passed extra on Saturday to go with my general passed last month!