Old February 12th 07, 01:38 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default VoiceMax...

Trials with the newly designed VoiceMax speech processor module are
going well. I have the first "hay-wired" prototype in mobile operation
for about one week now. The reports are all positive. So far, nobody
believes I'm working a little crappy Cobra19 DX4 with a stock mic...
except for the trucker that pulled up along side me and saw the stock
mic for himself. With the proto locked-in at the maximum 15:1
compression right now... the reports I'm getting say that it's the
loudest and clearest stock mic they have ever heard. Whether you're
whispering or screaming... the volume level is exactly the same. Also,
the noise gate feature works fantastic. It's always been a mobile
operator's dream to have high audio gain without background noise...
now that's possible. I plan to start laying out the first all surface
mount PCB to allow the next prototype unit to be mounted inside the
radio.

www.telstar-electronics.com

Old February 15th 07, 06:53 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

The VoiceMax prototype field testing continues. There are no issues at
this time.
Several people have emailed me asking questions. Here are some of
those answers:
Currently installed in a Cobra19 DX4 with stock mic.
The VoiceMax module has been set on the prototype at a fixed 15:1
compression ratio.
The Cobra19's limiter pot has been adjusted so that the radio will
maintain a 95% modulation envelope from a whisper... to yelling into
the mic. (statement based on 2" distance from mic)
The "noise gate" has been adjusted to block all sounds below an input
level of 1mV from mic. At this level... and with the stock Cobra
mic... it blocks all tire noise in my vehicle.
Output of module has been adjusted to match the output of the stock
mic. (about 40mV @ 1KHz tone)
The power source for the module is derived from inside the radio and
is fully regulated. The current draw is around 15mA.
Attack time of the modules limiter is about 1mS. Decay time has been
designed to around 500mS.

I plan on starting an FAQ page out at the Telstar Electronics web site
based on these... and other questions I receive.

Please go to http://www.telstar-electronics.com/d...s/VoiceMax.htm
to see the latest details as they become available.

Old February 19th 07, 06:44 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

The second prototype unit has been put into mobile operation. We have
also set up an FAQ regarding this new product at
http://www.telstar-electronics.com/d...evelopment.htm

Old February 25th 07, 03:56 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

I'm attempting to finalize the feature list for the new VoiceMax
module. I'm torn between having an adjustment for the compression
ratio or having a fixed value. What are your feelings? Is an
adjustment pot for compression a "must"? Thanks for your input.

http://www.telstar-electronics.com/d...evelopment.htm

Old February 25th 07, 09:27 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Telstar Electronics" wrote in message
ups.com...
I'm attempting to finalize the feature list for the new VoiceMax
module. I'm torn between having an adjustment for the compression
ratio or having a fixed value. What are your feelings? Is an
adjustment pot for compression a "must"? Thanks for your input.

http://www.telstar-electronics.com/d...evelopment.htm

Hahahahahahahahaha!!!! $500 for your splatterbox? "LOL"

http://www.telstar-electronics.com/d...ve2879ABTC.htm

http://www.usenet.com

Old February 25th 07, 10:57 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

I'm not sure what your comment has to do with my question...

http://www.telstar-electronics.com/d...evelopment.htm

Old February 26th 07, 01:48 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On 25 Feb 2007 07:56:23 -0800, "Telstar Electronics"
wrote:

+++I'm attempting to finalize the feature list for the new VoiceMax
+++module. I'm torn between having an adjustment for the compression
+++ratio or having a fixed value. What are your feelings? Is an
+++adjustment pot for compression a "must"? Thanks for your input.
+++
+++http://www.telstar-electronics.com/d...evelopment.htm

****************

Hey you need the conpression man so that the CBers can crank it up and
one can hear an ant fart across the room.

james

Old March 26th 07, 10:26 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Feb 19, 2:44 pm, "Telstar Electronics"
wrote:
The second prototype unit has been put into mobile operation. We have
also set up an FAQ regarding this new product athttp://www.telstar-electronics.com/default_files/NewProductDevelopmen...

GARBAGE

Old March 26th 07, 10:26 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Feb 15, 2:53 pm, "Telstar Electronics"
wrote:
[...]

Please go tohttp://www.telstar-electronics.com/default_files/VoiceMax.htm
to see the latest details as they become available.

Garbage!