Old April 21st 07, 06:22 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
GHB GHB is offline

Default Antenna Recommendation

Check out the Skipshooter fiberglass antennas. I've had one for years on
top of my aluminum camper shell and it gets out great barefoot but will take
up to 1500 Watts of power. They come in several lengths with the shortest
one around 2 or 3 feet and they are the strongest fiberglass antenna made
and have a tunable tip. I have mine mounted on a ball and spring mount but
I'm sure you could find a mount you like. On your rooftop it should really
work great.

Scorpio
"Robert A. Turpin" wrote in message
m...
"Jay in the Mojave" wrote in message

I'll bet a Wilson 1000 or 5000 will work just great.

The only problem with a Wilson (I ran one one my old truck when I first
started this job), is that I must stop every day before entering and after
exiting to remove or replace the whip. This procedure gets really old very
quickly, and god forbid if I should forget to put it back on and fire up a
conversation...

The Wilson 1000 or 5000 will take a little heat, it will help you get

out
better. A 100 watts or so will work fine.

I don't really know much about amps, other than you're not supposed to use
them for cb's. Do they do anything besides making your signal travel out
further?

Old April 22nd 07, 03:55 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

I think that a permanent roof mount will work, IF I can find a good Short
antenna so that I won't have to remove it every day. I will let you know how
much clearence my truck has on Monday when I get to the parking garage.

Thanks to you all for the honest straight shootin advice!

Byt he way, I haven't cb'd for over 10-15 years. How are the airways,
people, etc.... these days. Are there still a lot of non-truckers (not that
I dislike truckers) out there?