Old April 30th 07, 02:53 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Antenna recommendation

When I'm done driving the big truck for the day, I'm thinking about putting
the cb in my pickup, at the end of the day.

My situation is, I park in the garage every night. I have an aluminum
camper top on the bed. I also have those darn plastic mirrors.

I really don't want to drill a hole in the body of the bed. I really don't
want a whip style mounted on the bumper.

I've looked on Sparky's site for some ideas. I really need a creative mind
to help me out here.

Can I mount a fiberglass antenna on my back bumper, basically where the
bumper wraps around towards the rear wheel? I can't mount anything in the
way of the tailgate. So, I would have to mount on the side of the bumper.

Ok, so you see how this is driving me nuts. How about a lil help?

Thanks.

Old April 30th 07, 03:16 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 21:53:39 -0400, "Curly" wrote in
:

When I'm done driving the big truck for the day, I'm thinking about putting
the cb in my pickup, at the end of the day.

My situation is, I park in the garage every night.

There's your problem. Altitude is everything -- if you don't have the
clearance to get into the garage then you don't have enough height for
anything more than a rubber ducky. And mounting a larger antenna to
the bumper isn't going to make much difference if the top isn't any
higher.

Basically you have three options:

1. Don't park in the garage;
2. Remove the antenna before pulling into the garage; or
3. A large whip mounted to the bumper and tied forward, but it won't
work very well unless you untie the whip.

Old April 30th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Let's face it, CB is a large wave and needs a large antenna to be effective.
If you don't want to play the game, don't bother. Base loaded antennas and
magnet mounts really cramp your style and should be avoided, although a
Wilson 1000 mag mount did give acceptable results once on a rental car's roof.
Old April 30th 07, 08:21 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Sun, 29 Apr 2007 22:47:21 -0400, Scott in Baltimore
wrote in
:

Let's face it, CB is a large wave and needs a large antenna to be effective.
If you don't want to play the game, don't bother.

VERY well said!