Old June 17th 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default 10 Meter Radios ?

From: (cmdr*buzz*corey)
From: (cmdr buzz corey)
10 meter radios are not CB and require an Amateur (Ham) Radio operator's
license
issued by the FCC to transmit on the 10 meter ham band. You have to take
a test to get a ham license. For you to use a radio on the 10 meter band
without a license is illegal and the FCC is monitoring 10 meters for
such activity.

All true but the last line. The FCC does no

monitoring.

Wrong! There are a number of FCC monitoring station around the country
and they do monitor the ham bands. Here are a couple of examples.
On September 12, 2006 and September 13, 2006, an agent of the
Commission's Philadelphia Office monitored transmissions on the
frequency 439.850 MHz from station KB3GRK and observed the following
violation:
Agents in the Commission's Boston Field Office ("Boston Office")
subsequently conducted an investigation, including monitoring and
inspecting Baxter's station and, as a result of the investigation, the
Boston Office issued a Notice of Apparent Liability to Baxter on June 7,
2005, in the amount of twenty-one thousand dollars

_
Yea, I should have clarified it. See my other

response. The FCC does no active monitoring
unless a complaint is lodged. We simply can't

have you or anyone else running around

giving the intentional misimpression that Uncle
Charlie is actively listening to transmissions

just searching for a violation now, can we?

Turn on your CB but leave your linear off. You

don't need it today.

Old June 17th 07, 05:41 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

From: (cmdr*buzz*corey)
On Jun 15, 4:35 pm, Crazy Horse
wrote:
In article . com, cmdr-
says...
All true but the last line. The FCC does no monitoring.

Wrong! There are a number of FCC

monitoring station around the country and they
do monitor the ham bands. Here are a couple

of examples.

They don't monitor the ham bands unless an active investigation is
underway.

"Seems like it'd be more difficult to monitor, or at least to apprehend
a moving trucker. But then again, I'm probably missing something here."
--
_______
**-CH

been transmitting mobile on the 2 meter ham

band in the Dallas area thought until he was

pulled over by a deputy and an FCC agent.

Oh ****, here we go again, grab the boots, it's getting deep.. FCC
Agents do not ride with deputies of any police entity number one, and
number two, they sure as hell do not make traffic stops. An agent
stationed at a scale after repeated complaints, maybe, but you're out of
your mind with artificial unintelligence. I guess asking for a source
would be too cumbersome.

He thought that as long as he was traveling

around on the freeways he couldn't be

tracked.

You have no idea what he thought.

Quite a number of truckers operating illegally

on the 10 meter band have been caught.

No really. A select handful have been turned in, not "caught."

There are those on this group that will try to

convince you otherwise.

And there are those like yourself who blow **** through their gums with
nothing other than smoke to back their claims.

Old June 17th 07, 06:20 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Agents in the Commission's Boston Field Office ("Boston Office")
subsequently conducted an investigation, including monitoring and
inspecting Baxter's station and, as a result of the investigation, the
Boston Office issued a Notice of Apparent Liability to Baxter on June 7,
2005, in the amount of twenty-one thousand dollars

Isn't BAXTER in New England?

Glen Baxter:
http://www.fcc.gov/eb/FieldNotices/2...-259301A1.html

KB3GRK
http://www.fcc.gov/eb/FieldNotices/2...-269180A1.html
Old June 17th 07, 09:44 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

From: (cmdr buzz corey)
On Jun 15, 4:35 pm, Crazy Horse
wrote:
In article . com, cmdr-
says...
All true but the last line. The FCC does no monitoring.

Wrong! There are a number of FCC
monitoring station around the country and they
do monitor the ham bands. Here are a couple
of examples.

They don't monitor the ham bands unless an active investigation is
underway.

Wrong again.

"Seems like it'd be more difficult to monitor, or at least to apprehend
a moving trucker. But then again, I'm probably missing something here."
--
_______
-CH
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯

That is what an unlicensed operator that had
been transmitting mobile on the 2 meter ham
band in the Dallas area thought until he was
pulled over by a deputy and an FCC agent.

Oh ****, here we go again, grab the boots, it's getting deep.. FCC
Agents do not ride with deputies of any police entity number one, and
number two, they sure as hell do not make traffic stops.

No cigar for you egghead. One of the members of our local ham club was
a federal agent and he had FCC agents ride with him many times in
tracking down illegal ops and that was the case of this keyclown
getting pulled over.

An agent
stationed at a scale after repeated complaints, maybe, but you're out of
your mind with artificial unintelligence. I guess asking for a source
would be too cumbersome.

He thought that as long as he was traveling
around on the freeways he couldn't be
tracked.

You have no idea what he thought.

He certainly thought he wasn't going to get caught.

Quite a number of truckers operating illegally
on the 10 meter band have been caught.

No really. A select handful have been turned in, not "caught."

There are those on this group that will try to
convince you otherwise.

And there are those like yourself who blow **** through their gums with
nothing other than smoke to back their claims.

And there are those like you still bouncing around in cb land without
a clue.

Old June 18th 07, 12:15 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

From: (cmdr*buzz*corey)
From: (cmdr buzz corey)
On Jun 15, 4:35 pm, Crazy Horse
wrote:
In article . com, cmdr-
says...

-
That is what an unlicensed operator that had

been transmitting mobile on the 2 meter ham

band in the Dallas area thought until he was

pulled over by a deputy and an FCC agent.

Oh ****, here we go again, grab the boots, it's getting deep.. FCC
Agents do not ride with deputies of any police entity number one, and
number two, they sure as hell do not make traffic stops.

No cigar for you egghead. One of the

members of our local ham club was a federal

agent and he had FCC agents ride with him

many times in tracking down illegal ops and

that was the case of this keyclown getting

pulled over.

*

Sure, I can believe that...back in the seventies.

An agent stationed at a scale after repeated complaints, maybe, but
you're out of your mind with artificial unintelligence. I guess asking
for a source would be too cumbersome.

He thought that as long as he was traveling

around on the freeways he couldn't be

tracked.

You have no idea what he thought.

He certainly thought he wasn't going to get

caught.

Quite a number of truckers operating illegally

on the 10 meter band have been caught.

Not really. A select handful have been turned in, not "caught."
**
There are those on this group that will try to

convince you otherwise.

And there are those like yourself who blow **** through their gums with
nothing other than smoke to back their claims.

And there are those like you still bouncing

around in cb land without a clue.

And grumps like you will continue to obfuscate while trying to distance
yourself from providing any source of confirmation.

10 Meter Radios ? I AmnotGeorgeBush CB 1 June 13th 07 02:01 AM
2 meter radios Zephyr_Mark_Two Scanner 3 June 12th 04 08:46 PM
FS; 2 MOBILE 10/11 METER RADIOS Galaxyelc Swap 1 January 3rd 04 03:15 PM
FS: 2 Meter Radios Bob N2BR Swap 0 November 30th 03 03:31 PM