Old July 7th 07, 08:50 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default legal power

Does anyone run legal power anymore? I can sit in my jeep and work the
United States and many times the world on any band from 10 to 40 meters
running 40 watts. But I can't seem to make a damn CB contact. I modified
my Yaesu FT840 for open TX when the 60 meter band became available to hams
and I can TX on the CB channels now. Even running 20 W AM no one seems to
hear me on any CB channel though I can tune up to 10 Meters and get a 59+20
signal report from Arizona an the same radio and antenna. I'm starting to
think that every CBer runs 600 Watts with a bad receiver. I used to have a
lot of fun with a little 4 watt CB when I was a kid and before I got my ham
ticket.

David KG2LI

Old July 8th 07, 02:32 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

David wrote:
Does anyone run legal power anymore? I can sit in my jeep and work the
United States and many times the world on any band from 10 to 40 meters
running 40 watts. But I can't seem to make a damn CB contact. I modified
my Yaesu FT840 for open TX when the 60 meter band became available to hams
and I can TX on the CB channels now. Even running 20 W AM no one seems to
hear me on any CB channel though I can tune up to 10 Meters and get a 59+20
signal report from Arizona an the same radio and antenna. I'm starting to
think that every CBer runs 600 Watts with a bad receiver. I used to have a
lot of fun with a little 4 watt CB when I was a kid and before I got my ham
ticket.

The band is a bit noisy. I can make contacts all over on 10 meters, but I
can yell until I'm hoarse on 11 meters with 125 watts.
Old July 8th 07, 02:47 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Jul 7, 2:50 pm, "David" wrote:
Does anyone run legal power anymore? I can sit in my jeep and work the
United States and many times the world on any band from 10 to 40 meters
running 40 watts. But I can't seem to make a damn CB contact. I modified
my Yaesu FT840 for open TX when the 60 meter band became available to hams
and I can TX on the CB channels now. Even running 20 W AM no one seems to
hear me on any CB channel though I can tune up to 10 Meters and get a 59+20
signal report from Arizona an the same radio and antenna. I'm starting to
think that every CBer runs 600 Watts with a bad receiver. I used to have a
lot of fun with a little 4 watt CB when I was a kid and before I got my ham
ticket.

David KG2LI

Yes... I run 100% legal. I talk to people every day on the way to and
from work.
www.telstar-electronics

Old July 9th 07, 12:19 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Sun, 08 Jul 2007 06:47:37 -0700, Telspam Electronics
wrote in
om:

On Jul 7, 2:50 pm, "David" wrote:
Does anyone run legal power anymore? I can sit in my jeep and work the
United States and many times the world on any band from 10 to 40 meters
running 40 watts. But I can't seem to make a damn CB contact. I modified
my Yaesu FT840 for open TX when the 60 meter band became available to hams
and I can TX on the CB channels now. Even running 20 W AM no one seems to
hear me on any CB channel though I can tune up to 10 Meters and get a 59+20
signal report from Arizona an the same radio and antenna. I'm starting to
think that every CBer runs 600 Watts with a bad receiver. I used to have a
lot of fun with a little 4 watt CB when I was a kid and before I got my ham
ticket.

David KG2LI

Yes... I run 100% legal.

You admitted just a few posts ago that you modified your two radios
with your hack-job of a processor: "I have two installed in both my
Cobra19 and Cobra25 using the stock mic on one... and the Astatic 636L
on the other. They both work like a million bucks." So either you are
lying about them being installed in your radios and working "like a
million bucks" or you are lying about being 100% legal. Or both.

I talk to people every day on the way to and
from work.

Considering you live and "work" in your parent's basement, you must be
sleeping with a walkie-talkie. That's perverted, Brian.

Old July 10th 07, 12:26 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

You admitted just a few posts ago that you modified your two radios
with your hack-job of a processor: "I have two installed in both my
Cobra19 and Cobra25 using the stock mic on one... and the Astatic 636L
on the other. They both work like a million bucks." So either you are
lying about them being installed in your radios and working "like a
million bucks" or you are lying about being 100% legal. Or both.

Both my radios are fully legal. They produce legal power... and the
modulation is a constant 100% with the VoiceMax module.
www.telstar-electronics.com

Old July 10th 07, 05:29 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Tue, 10 Jul 2007 04:26:21 -0700, Telspam Electronics
wrote in
.com:

You admitted just a few posts ago that you modified your two radios
with your hack-job of a processor: "I have two installed in both my
Cobra19 and Cobra25 using the stock mic on one... and the Astatic 636L
on the other. They both work like a million bucks." So either you are
lying about them being installed in your radios and working "like a
million bucks" or you are lying about being 100% legal. Or both.

Both my radios are fully legal. They produce legal power... and the
modulation is a constant 100% with the VoiceMax module.

CFR95.425(a): You must not make or have any one else make any internal
modification to your CB transmitter.
CFR95.425(c): You must not operate a CB transmitter which has been
modified by anyone in any way,....

You radios are illegal and operating them is illegal. You manufacture
and sell a product which has the sole purpose of illegal modification
and operation. Not only that, manufacturing and selling CB amps is
illegal, which is what you have been doing for the past 10 years. It
would be foolish to think that you don't use them, too. You are hardly
100% legal. You lied.

Also, you said that you weren't going to respond to any more of my
posts. You lied again.

Old July 10th 07, 09:01 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Jul 10, 1:29 pm, Frank Gilliland
wrote:
[...]

Thats because all keyclowns lie, and basement boy is a keyclown

Old July 15th 07, 08:23 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Frank Gilliland" wrote...

CFR95.425(a): You must not make or have any one else make any internal
modification to your CB transmitter.
CFR95.425(c): You must not operate a CB transmitter which has been
modified by anyone in any way,....

You radios are illegal and operating them is illegal. You manufacture
and sell a product which has the sole purpose of illegal modification
and operation.

Out of interest, would it be legal if he put it in a box as a plug in
unit?

Regards,
Peter.
http://www.citizensband.radiouk.com/

Old July 10th 07, 03:39 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

David wrote:

Does anyone run legal power anymore? I can sit in my jeep and work the
United States and many times the world on any band from 10 to 40 meters
running 40 watts. But I can't seem to make a damn CB contact. I modified
my Yaesu FT840 for open TX when the 60 meter band became available to hams
and I can TX on the CB channels now. Even running 20 W AM no one seems to
hear me on any CB channel though I can tune up to 10 Meters and get a
59+20
signal report from Arizona an the same radio and antenna. I'm starting to
think that every CBer runs 600 Watts with a bad receiver. I used to have
a lot of fun with a little 4 watt CB when I was a kid and before I got my
ham ticket.

David KG2LI

David,
You might be right on that. I hear much the same up here In Washington
State. I am wondering if its because of all those fools running 600 watts
sitting right next to one-another and burning up their front ends doing it.

I have been hearing some skip on 10 of late (and I did hear a familiar
callsign or 2 out of phoenix on 28.350 USb this last week).

anyway, I wouldn't worry too much about those 11 meter operators and
their "LEENEEARS" snicker. just have fun working the other bands and know
that you can do so on under 100 watts.

FUBAR
Old July 10th 07, 02:58 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Sounds like a plan, I've been using CB CH6 to see when 10 is open and one
day I just thought I'd try tuning down to CH 19, "27.185 MHz on a real
radio" and see what I could do. I have a few local HAM friends that still
have a CB in their car or truck so I just ordered a Uniden PC68XL so I can
join the fun with out breaking any laws. If it sucks it was only $79.99 at
Amazon.com with free shipping so not much lost.

I was going to order a Cobra 148 GTL for the SSB but I stumbled onto a
picture of the inside of the radio and it was built like a piece of crap so
I went with Uniden. I can't imagine why Uniden dropped all SSB CB's from
their line, they sell nothing but AM now.

David KG2LI