Old July 24th 07, 02:34 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default CB's with WeatherAlert?

Gi'day group
Can anyone point me to some inexspensive radios
with the WeatherAlert feature?
So far I only saw 1 model from Cobra.
Are there any others out there?
Thanks in advance

Old July 25th 07, 03:48 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Uniden makes several with weather alert, but you should know I just bought
a Uniden PC68XL because it didn't have the weather channels in it.
CB radios have enough of a hard time with adjacent channel rejection and
intermod with out being fitted with a preselector filter on the front end
that will pass VHF frequencies.

my PC68XL was $79.00 from Amazon with free shipping incase anyone's curious.

David KG2LI

Old July 25th 07, 06:52 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Jul 24, 8:34 am, FrankW wrote:
Gi'day group
Can anyone point me to some inexspensive radios
with the WeatherAlert feature?
So far I only saw 1 model from Cobra.
Are there any others out there?
Thanks in advance

I think Cobra is the only one that has weather. Frankly, I don't think
it went over very well... and I believe that Cobra has reduced the
number of models with that feature.

Old July 28th 07, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Telstar Electronics wrote in Article
.com posted to
rec.radio.cb:

On Jul 24, 8:34 am, FrankW wrote:
Gi'day group
Can anyone point me to some inexspensive radios
with the WeatherAlert feature?
So far I only saw 1 model from Cobra.
Are there any others out there?
Thanks in advance

I think Cobra is the only one that has weather. Frankly, I don't think
it went over very well... and I believe that Cobra has reduced the
number of models with that feature.

I've got a small collection of Midlands that have WX.

--
Paul Johnson
Email and IM (XMPP & Google Talk):

Old July 29th 07, 10:40 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

I have 3 unidens with the weather alert. I love it because when the
weather looks nice, severe weather comes unexpectedly. I recently
bought a cobra but the receive was so bad even with an external
speaker I through it out. Just because a radio has weather channels
does not mean it has weather alert.

Old July 29th 07, 09:15 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Please don't top post, it makes reading and replying accurately more
difficult.

On Jul 29, 2:40 am, " wrote:
On Jul 24, 9:34 am, FrankW wrote:

Can anyone point me to some inexspensive radios
with the WeatherAlert feature?

I have 3 unidens with the weather alert. I love it because when the
weather looks nice, severe weather comes unexpectedly. I recently
bought a cobra but the receive was so bad even with an external
speaker I through it out. Just because a radio has weather channels
does not mean it has weather alert.

What's the deal with the weather alert? How is that different or work
with the weather channel feature found on many radios?

Old July 30th 07, 01:47 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Jul 29, 2:40 am, " wrote:

On Jul 24, 9:34 am, FrankW wrote:

Can anyone point me to some inexspensive radios
with the WeatherAlert feature?

I have 3 unidens with the weather alert. I love it because when the
weather looks nice, severe weather comes unexpectedly. I recently
bought a cobra but the receive was so bad even with an external
speaker I through it out. Just because a radio has weather channels
does not mean it has weather alert.

What's the deal with the weather alert? How is that different or work
with the weather channel feature found on many radios?

The weather station will send a special code that will
override the CB channel or even turn on the radio if it's turned off
to recieve the weather emergency.
So far I've only found 2 models of CB radios with weather alert.
One from Uniden, the other from Cobra and they both look very similar.

Old July 31st 07, 12:30 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

The weather station will send a special code that will
override the CB channel or even turn on the radio if it's turned off
to recieve the weather emergency.
So far I've only found 2 models of CB radios with weather alert.
One from Uniden, the other from Cobra and they both look very similar.

The old style of alert was a 10 second 1050 HZ tone. The new style
of alert is called SAME (Specific Area Message Encoding).

http://www.nws.noaa.gov/nwr/
http://www.nws.noaa.gov/nwr/nwrrcvr.htm

CB's RULE sean CB 8 October 10th 05 07:35 AM
FS: 70's Lafayette CB's Joe Swap 0 January 9th 05 10:33 PM
WTB SBE CB's RADIOMAN Swap 0 September 19th 04 04:25 AM
Evaluating CB's The Wombat CB 1 August 21st 04 11:27 PM
FA Relist Cherokee cb's Rick B. Swap 0 July 29th 03 01:33 PM