Old July 29th 07, 04:19 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default the 155 mile limit rule

Is this considered "GUILTY BY ASSOCIATION"?

"Anonymous Sender" wrote in message
acolo.com...
I'm s ure the hams will agree that a lot of the cbers are
idiots.

Some people will say they're in locations they're not just
for fun.

I run legal power. My cb seems to get out only half a mile.

As such, I tend not to believe someone I'm talking to on
the cb if they say they're in California right now
while I'm hearing clearly as a local from the east coast.

According to the hams, if it turns out the other person
is telling a lie about where he's at, then I'm not
breaking the law, but if it turns out that the other
person is telling the truth about where he's at, then
I'm breaking the law, even though my actions were the
exact same action at the exact same time.

As such the 155 mile limit "laaw" is the ONLY law in
the U.S. where whether you're guilty of a crime or not
depends on what the other person does instead of on what
you do.

And as such, should be repealed.

Ther is no other law in the U.S. where whether you're
guilty of a crime or not depends on the other person's
actions instead of your actions.