Old October 26th 07, 03:03 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default 75%

Steveo wrote:
"Yo Mamma" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Steveo wrote:
"Yo Mamma" wrote:
"Steveo" wrote in message
Or more of the people that post in rrcb don't have the radio to
operate 11 meters.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/

begin 666 Picture.jpg
[74810 bytes]
end

Sweet, I like those 746'.

Yo, which desk mic do you like on that rig?

I've had really good reports on the IC-SM6. Kinda small and the bottom
of the Icom desk line, but it seems to work well with the impedance. I
tried Astatic, Shure, and a no-name, but short of going with Heil, or
the more expensive Icoms, it does very well.

begin 666 sm6.bmp
[33354 bytes]
end

Rodgo. Icom is different than most HF radios in that the transmitter
feeds the mic. I have an old SM-5 that seems to work ok for me. I was
wondering if the upgrade to th sm-8 or sm-20 would be worth the $100-150
extra?

I talk to a local guy that did the conversion to the d-104 with an icom
and his audio is good too. Strange bird for microphones.

Hey Yo, I read some good reviews for the turner +3 and the super sidekick
on eham, with icoms. Have one laying around?
Old October 26th 07, 05:13 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"james" wrote...

You were the first to post the question.

It was a reply to Steve.
If, in a crowded place, you ask a friend a question, are you inviting
a response from anyone who hears you?

Now if less than favorable responses are not easily accepted
maybe you should refrain from such behavior in the future.

I never said that I don't accept them, just that I am so
surprised that you find the time to respond to something
you have so little interest in.

Plenty of posts in this group do not impress me, so I just
ignore them. Most of them don't even get downloaded. It is
not just posts which are off-topic, but also those which do
not interest me.

I certainly don't reply just to say that I am not impressed
or that I don't care. I just don't have the time to bother
with stuff that does not really interest me, I am surprised
that you do.

The same applies to Web sites. Some companies and Web
masters make the mistake of believing that the lack of
negative responses means that everyone loves their site. The
truth is that those who don't like it or cannot navigate it
(because of poor design) simply go elsewhere without so much
as a whimper.
People generally only respond when fired up enough about
something.

Even you only have 24 hours in a day and only so many of them
for idle chatter. Did my failure to entertain you really motivate
you enough to spend some of that precious time responding?
Let it all out, what do you really think of CB, the equipment and
those who use it?

Remember, this is entertainment. It is something that one should
remember and often forgets.

The words "pure entertainment" come to mind. Some on the
group may be able to put a name to that quote.

It maybe only entertainment to you, but some do post serious
questions and want answers rather than entertainment.
Some also make posts to inform, and may not even read replies.

I suspect that people who only see this group as "entertainment",
and nothing else, are not really interested in CB. They come here
to be "entertained" by people they would like to see as "lower
lifeforms". Maybe they are bored with Jerry Springer, and will
eventually get bored with this "freak-show".
I may be wrong, but that is the impression I get. People on an ego
trip, desperate to feel better than someone else.

To be honest I purge the news reader database from time to time
when the partition on the hard drive gets full.

I thought I was the only one the only one running a system small
enough to worry about disk space.
I continually keep mine down to the minimum. I only download and
cache those of interest, blocking the known trolls and spammers
totally. I have it set to delete old messages, and compress the
files regularly.
For example, below your post, I see a reply by someone called
. My filter has decided it to be bum-fodder,
so it was not downloaded. Saves disk space and bandwidth.

For some reason, this group attracts trolls like flies to fresh
steaming crap. Maybe it's because they get fed here.

Besides if I want to go back and review older posts
I can use google.

When it comes to newsgroups, Google sucks. But the trolls seem to
like it, many of the troll posts seem to come that way.

Regards,
Peter.