Old November 7th 07, 03:27 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default where do Iget current FCC CB license?

This past Friday, I decided to go for a walk on
one of the trails in a public park near my house.

The park is in the neighboring county. I live near the county line.

The ONLY eadio I had in my car at the time
besides the AM/FM radio that is part of the car
was my completely legal 40 channel CB.

legal power and a magnet mount antenna.

I went through a McDonald's drive through first.
Then I got to the park, parked in the legal parking spot for the
public, finished my food from McDonald's, was now ready to get out to
go for a walk, but before I could get out of my
car, one of the local authorities pulled up.

He said it looked suspicious because he's
seen mrr there several times bfore. (although
I didn't know until Friday he had seem me
there several times before).

Today, you go to a park near your house
and get stopped and checked because the
authorities have seen you there before. You
go on vacation to a park far away from your house and get stopped and
checked because
the authorities have never seeen you there
before. What is happening to this country?

He asked for my driver's license and ran my plates.

I was not transmitting and my cb was off.

Anyways, he then asks me if I'm a radio buff
(since he noticed the anteena on my car
before coming up to me and noticed the
radio in my car when he was up at my car
talking to me).I said "yes". He then asked me if I have a license my
amateur radio that's in my
car!!!!!!!

Once again, I have ONLY a legal 40 channel
CB in my car.

I told him "no, it's not an amateur radio, irt's a
CB".

He then asked me if I was studying for the
license to operate it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I told him I was planning on studying for the
test soon to get the license to operate it.

Then he said "good"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Then he told me he would be back later
to check on me. (to check whether I was still there or not).

One of the dumbest things the FCC ever did
was to give the local authorities the power
to enforce CB radio rules.

So now I need a FCC ham radio license showing proof that I'm legally
allowed to operate my completely legal 27 mhz "amateur radio" on the
40 26 and 27 mhz frequencies in the 11 meter band!!!!!!!!!

Where do I get this non-existent FCC license
from?????

On the good side, in my own county, the sheriff and police have seen
my CB antenna on my car and I haven't had a problem here yet.

However, since I live near the county line, even when I'm transmitting
from my own property or my own house, my CB signals might and probably
do go into the next county where I was stopped and checked at.

and then they can say that they're allowed to come into my county and
arrest me (or fine me) for operating my 26 and 27 mhz 11 meter
"amateur radio" without the proper license under the premise that the
precedentt is if they see someone speeding in their county who crosses
into my county, they're legally allowed to follow him into my county
and arrest home, so if they hear radio signals in their county that
are illegal in their county, they're legally allowed to come into my
county where I'm transmitting from and arrest or fine me.

Even though it's nort illegal in my county where I'm transmitting
from.

The local aurhorities in that certain county next to mine are
notorious.

Actually, I'm lucky the conversation with that
one went pretty well. He seemed very nice.

However, and maybe I'm wrong, but after Friday, itt seems to me like
the local authorities don't know the difference between a "cb" and a
"ham radio".

In one city, cb'ers using perfectly legal CB rigs will get busted for
illegally operating a ham radio without a license and in another city,
hams operating perfectly legal ham rigs will get busted for operating
a cb with more power than allowed.

And from what I read elsewhere, people who found theirselves in
similar situations and tried to fight it couldn't since the FCC said
it wasn't a federal matter since the FCC didn't make the
arrest,conviction, or fine, so ithey got thrown back into the local
into the local and state courts who usually agree with the officer
making the arrest or fine since the state and local courts usually
don't know anymore about radios and radio law than the officers making
tthe arrests or tickets for the fine.

Once again, the one of the DUMBEST thingd the FCC ever did was to
allow local autjorities to enforce the radio rules as law.

Old November 7th 07, 03:34 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

I forgot to mention that this happened in the late afternoon when it
was still light out.. Around 4 pm or 5 pm.

So it's not like I was there after they were closed, nor even when it
was dark.

I was there during normal daylight hours when the park was open to the
public.

Old November 7th 07, 03:47 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

wrote:

You do NOT need a license for CB ...

I live near Sacramento, CA. The cops there, sheriff and city police,
are about as smart as dirt. They all seem to be about 6+ ft., built
like gorillas and have come through the marines to get the cop job.
Most likely, they serve their political masters well and this is the
reason their masters place these intellectually handicapped individuals
into such positions--good for them = bad for us.

This country is "going down the tubes", just as your previous post has
implied. Benjamin Franklin once wrote, and paraphrased here, "those who
would trade liberty for security deserve neither." From other readings
I have done of our forefathers writings, they were ALL in agreement. A
cop stopping you and asking you for "your papers" reeks of the total
lack of liberty--something which would be better left to dictators and
communism ...

We need to renew Americas' commitment to the rights of the individual
and irrevocable rights which are granted to each and every American by
their creator (and NOT guarantee such to illegal aliens!)

It is time we all band together through our churches and militias and
begin to discuss how much erosion of our rights we will tolerate before
we need to take serious actions to bring our public servants into line,
i.e. president, senators, representatives, state-county-local ...

Warmest regards,
JS
Old November 7th 07, 05:17 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

John Smith wrote:

Snipped for the common good of all.

John not getting a lot play or responses on the RRAA on BPL ah?

Jay in the Mojave
Old November 7th 07, 05:43 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Jay in the Mojave wrote:
John Smith wrote:

Snipped for the common good of all.

John not getting a lot play or responses on the RRAA on BPL ah?

Jay in the Mojave

I plonk idiots ...

PLONK!!!

Old November 7th 07, 08:06 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

John Smith wrote:
Jay in the Mojave wrote:
John Smith wrote:

Snipped for the common good of all.

John not getting a lot play or responses on the RRAA on BPL ah?

Jay in the Mojave

I plonk idiots ...

PLONK!!!

I plonk assclowns, buh-bye johnnie
Old November 7th 07, 08:07 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Jay in the Mojave wrote:
John Smith wrote:

Snipped for the common good of all.

John not getting a lot play or responses on the RRAA on BPL ah?

Jay in the Mojave

Good idea, Jay. pffffft
Old November 8th 07, 03:30 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

I spose now I won't get gigged on spelling, since I am now plonked.

There's always a silver lining to everything.

Jay in the Great Mojave Desert, ....just down the road ah ways from the
fillin station.

Miss Dinah at the fillin station store is havin another pre winter sale.
Heavy jackets with a lot of pockets, most of the hunters like these big
jackets for keeping a bottle and a gun or amo or just anything. I like em
cause you can carry a bunch of HT radios. My faverote HT radio is a two by
four 6 inches long with a 1/2 wood dowl in it looking like a antenna. When I
talk on it while hinking or hunting they go nuts trying to find what
frequency or repeater I am on, hehehehe
Gas prices going nutz again, darn.

Old November 9th 07, 08:46 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Tue, 06 Nov 2007 18:27:52 -0800, wrote:

|Where do I get this non-existent FCC license
|from?????
||----------------------

Tell the ignorant cop to check CFR Title 47 Part 95.402.

[Code of Federal Regulations]

[Title 47, Volume 5]

[Revised as of October 1, 2006]

From the U.S. Government Printing Office via GPO Access

[CITE: 47CFR95.402]

[Page 527-528]

TITLE 47--TELECOMMUNICATION

CHAPTER I--FEDERAL COMMUNICATIONS COMMISSION (CONTINUED)

PART 95_PERSONAL RADIO SERVICES--Table of Contents

Subpart D_Citizens Band (CB) Radio Service

Sec. 95.402 (CB Rule 2) How do I use these rules?

(a) You must comply with these rules (See CB Rule 21 Sec. 95.421,

for the penalties for violations) when you operate a station in the CB

Service from:

(1) Within or over the territorial limits of places where radio

services are

[[Page 528]]

regulated by the FCC (see CB Rule 5, Sec. 95.405);

(2) Aboard any vessel or aircraft registered in the United States;

or

(3) Aboard any unregistered vessel or aircraft owned or operated
by

a United States citizen or company.

(b) Your CB station must comply with technical rules found in

subpart E of part 95.

(c) Where the rules use the word ``you'', ``you'' means a person

operating a CB station.

(d) Where the rules use the word ``person,'' the rules are
concerned

with an individual, a corporation, a partnership, an association, a

joint stock company, a trust, a state, territorial or local government

unit, or other legal entity.

(e) Where the rules use the term ``FCC'', that means the Federal

Communications Commission.

(f) Where the rules use the term ``CB station'', that means a
radio

station transmitting in the CB Radio Service.

Old November 11th 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Moped is an offical licensing center. You can get one from him.

Vinnie S.

Current through coils Reg Edwards Antenna 939 April 4th 06 12:33 AM
Current through coils - BFD Richard Clark Antenna 4 March 23rd 06 06:15 PM
What is RF current? Thomas Antenna 3 August 16th 04 07:50 PM
Current FCC data KØHB Policy 1 January 13th 04 04:38 PM
Pro-95 current draw? Ken Scanner 10 November 25th 03 08:11 AM