Old November 13th 07, 04:35 AM
Junior Member

Cool newbie

I am looking at getting a radio and have a few questions that maybe someone here can help me with. One is, what is a 10 meter radio, two is what is a good brand for a base station, i.e. texas ranger, and three is, is a amplifier really needed to get out?
Old November 13th 07, 06:10 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default newbie

wabbitlvr wrote:
I am looking at getting a radio and have a few questions that maybe
someone here can help me with. One is, what is a 10 meter radio, two is
what is a good brand for a base station, i.e. texas ranger, and three
is, is a amplifier really needed to get out?

Nah, buy an old icom or kenwood or (insert brand name) For less than
$3-500. I like icom except for changing microphones, they have the relay
and alc output to the amp as rca jacks. Nice touch.
Old November 13th 07, 06:29 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

--
wabbitlvr

A 10 meter radio is for the 10 meter amateur (ham) radio band. You
need a ham radio license use it there.

Old November 14th 07, 11:38 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
jim jim is offline

wabbitlvr wrote:

I am looking at getting a radio and have a few questions that maybe
someone here can help me with. One is, what is a 10 meter radio, two is
what is a good brand for a base station, i.e. texas ranger, and three
is, is a amplifier really needed to get out?

10 meter radio is an amateur rig and you need a license to transmit with it.

You dont need an amp if you have a really good antenna, feed line,
ground, etc.

HTH

Old November 16th 07, 04:52 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

jim wrote:
wabbitlvr wrote:

I am looking at getting a radio and have a few questions that maybe
someone here can help me with. One is, what is a 10 meter radio, two is
what is a good brand for a base station, i.e. texas ranger, and three
is, is a amplifier really needed to get out?

10 meter radio is an amateur rig and you need a license to transmit with
it.

You dont need an amp if you have a really good antenna, feed line,
ground, etc.

HTH

All of the above works too.

--
http://NewsReader.Com/

newbie Telamon Shortwave 1 January 19th 06 10:47 AM
Newbie [email protected] Shortwave 6 May 7th 05 02:22 AM
Newbie abr Homebrew 20 September 29th 03 04:07 PM
Newbie in need of first set! Greg Courville Equipment 2 August 11th 03 11:54 AM
Newbie in need of first set! Greg Courville Equipment 0 August 11th 03 10:06 AM