Old December 29th 07, 02:27 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default VoiceMax...

On Dec 28, 6:01*pm, Scott in Baltimore
wrote:
Actually, I would tap into the volume control by cutting traces.
I intend to work with the line-level signals.

Scott,
OK... that's better yet. Then the only thing that would be considered
is the level of that "line" signal. VoiceMax is designed to work with
input signals between 50-300mV (a typical dynamic mic output level).
VoiceMax output can be adjusted to rock-solid limit at levels between
100-500mV. That would mean that if the output was adjusted to say
200mV... that any input signal (above the adjusted noise gate
threshold) would be rock-solid at 200mV with less than 1% THD.
www.telstar-electronics.com
Old December 29th 07, 02:47 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

wrote:
Actually, I would tap into the volume control by cutting traces.
I intend to work with the line-level signals.

Scott,
OK... that's better yet. Then the only thing that would be considered
is the level of that "line" signal. VoiceMax is designed to work with
input signals between 50-300mV (a typical dynamic mic output level).
VoiceMax output can be adjusted to rock-solid limit at levels between
100-500mV. That would mean that if the output was adjusted to say
200mV... that any input signal (above the adjusted noise gate
threshold) would be rock-solid at 200mV with less than 1% THD.
www.telstar-electronics.com

Brian. Put it in a box that can be powered up with a 9V battery. Use a standard
Cobra 4 pin, in and out. You'll sell a ****load more of these.

Vinnie S.
Old December 29th 07, 01:30 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Telstar Electronics wrote:
On Dec 28, 8:02 am, Jay in the Mojave wrote:
I am sure Brian's ways are a little different, but still you guys have
never shown any documented measured proof that Voice Max will over
modulate or splatter. I believe most any radio can be adjusted to over
modulate and then splatter.
Where's the beef? You need to show us a measured RF Envelope showing
before and after, while following assembly and installation instructions.
I have adjusted AM and SSB radios to have not so linear RF Envelope and
sound great. Using processors and such. While watching a o-scope and
listening to the transmitted signal from a significantly attenuated
input signal I was able to get quit a feel for the processed signal. I
used a Diawa 440 speech processor.
This thing worked great as I could mix the attenuated transmitted signal
in with skip signals and seeing if the processor gave any signal punch,
it did.

Jay, absolutely right... you can adjust any audio device on a radio
improperly... and over-modulate. The VoiceMax module is no different.
It's only as good as the person that installs and adjusts it. However,
when properly adjusted... VoiceMax will maintain your RF envelope at
the 100% AM modulation point, regardless of different voice pitches or
volume levels. Additional technical skills are required for proper
radio adjustments for FM and SSB modes. There are currently about 80
VoiceMax modules in operation (66 in US, 5 in Italy, 2 in Spain, 3 in
UK, 3 in Autrailia, 1 in Holland) at this time without a single
reported problem or complaint. Glad to see there is at least one
person out there on this NG that understands the benefits of a good
processor for two-way radio. It makes all the difference in the world.
Have a good new year...
www.telstar-electronics.com

Hello Brian:

What you might want to do is to measure the AF and RF Envelopes for
proper adjustment showing the world how its done. Renting a digital
scope that can measure the RF Envelope, and AF Voltage can be saved,
downloaded, and printed would be a plus. Don't forget to give the
"Instrument Settings" what good is any measured data without the
Instrument settings? And also a method of how to do without a O-scope. I
am sure you all ready have one.

But judging a product from conjecture and apathy won't cut it. I wish I
had a dime every time I've heard someone say this or that is no good,
not having any measured proof. In professional product testing if you
don't have any data to support or disprove a product, you go no where.
I would make the measured displays pretty.

Second recommendation:
Switch personality from unfriendly to friendly, this works much better.

These suggestions are free. My usually fee is 50 dollars and hour. Yes I
am expensive, but good! (Oh brother!)

Jay in the Mojave
Old December 29th 07, 09:39 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Dec 28, 7:47*pm, Vinnie S. wrote:
Brian. Put it in a box that can be powered up with a 9V battery. Use a standard
Cobra 4 pin, in and out. You'll sell a ****load more of these.

Vinny, that may be your idea of a speech processor... but it's not
ours. We went through great pains to design a tiny module that would
fit inside any radio... and become totally transparent to the user.
You see... for a speech processor to be effective, it must be
individually set up with the radio that it will be used on. This
almost always requires some internal radio adjustments by a competent
technician. With an external processor just hung on a radio... it's
almost guaranteed that you will not be getting the full potential out
of the processor. A set-up like that may even have a negative impact
on performance. As far as selling a "**** load" more as you put it. We
are not concerned with quanity... however, we are concerned with
performance & quality. The technically advanced people we sell these
units to... certainly understand this.
www.telstar-electronics.com

Old January 5th 08, 04:29 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default VoiceMax doesn't move any product

On 29 Dec 2007 08:22:47 GMT, Steve wrote:

Vinnie S. wrote:
Brian. Put it in a box that can be powered up with a 9V battery. Use a

standard Cobra 4 pin, in and out. You'll sell a ****load more of these.

Vinnie S.

He's been told that many times. Giffey would rather insult CB.

Business model 101 for telstar-electronics/turn signals/amps/modulators/
seems to be.

All items discontinued.

He forcasted 30 per month, has been selling about 3 per month on ebay. And it
has nothing to do with technically people. I can easily install one, but I am
not cutting traces in a good radio. I hate that.

Vinnie S.

Old January 6th 08, 02:57 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Jan 4, 9:29*pm, Vinnie S. wrote:
He forcasted 30 per month, has been selling about 3 per month on ebay. And it
has nothing to do with technically people. I can easily install one, but I am
not cutting traces in a good radio. I hate that.

Cutting one trace on radio is easily reversable. Many times it's not
even necessary as there are wires that connect from the mic jack to
the PC board. As for sales... as the word gets out... sales are
steadily increasing. But I'm not sure why you're concerned about that
since you receive nothing from each sale... LOL

To my surprise, international sales have been very strong. Actually,
if the current trend continues, there will be be more VoiceMax modules
operating in foreign countries than here in the US. Many of these
sales are being generated from the web site... not ebay.
www.telstar-electrnoics.com

Old January 7th 08, 12:57 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Vinnie S. wrote:
Brian. Put it in a box that can be powered up with a 9V battery. Use
standard Cobra 4 pin, in and out. You'll sell a ****load more of
these.

Vinnie S.

He's been told that many times. Giffey would rather insult CB.

Business model 101 for telstar-electronics/turn signals/amps/modulators/
seems to be.

All items discontinued.

He forcasted 30 per month, has been selling about 3 per month on ebay.
And it has nothing to do with technically people. I can easily install
one, but I am not cutting traces in a good radio. I hate that.

Vinnie S.

Voicemax might sell more product if he didn't have such a hard-on for
CBer's.

Oh well, who gives a flying **** anyway?

--
* * * * * * * * * *http://NewsReader.Com/- Hide quoted text -

Dunno, but you give a kneeling suck!
Old January 10th 08, 11:35 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

VoiceMax speech processor is not for everyone...
It's only for radio operators that want maximum range from their rig.
VoiceMax is no gimmick... it uses proven AGC technology to produce
tangible results. Want to know more?
http://tinyurl.com/2ac9r5

P.S.
Stop by Ebay and see what others have said about this revolutionary
new product.
http://tinyurl.com/2q9lpu
Old January 20th 08, 05:41 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Scott in Baltimore" wrote...
Could this unit be worked into a scanner to keep the audio
level constant?

Scott, OM...

Been done.
Not with the Splattermax, but something rather more basic. After
all, the Splattermax does seem rather an over-kill for a basic AGC
requirement.

The main part used at the time was a reasonably cheap, simple
(8 pin) Plessey chip. I believe that chip may now be obsolete,
but I could check.

Also, some FM detector ICs have a DC volume control. Feedback
to this may achieve the desired effect.

The alert tones are loud as **** and the dispatchers sometimes
whisper,

Maybe someone could make a similar device for Christmas, when
the family get together. The high compression of the SplatterMax
may just about compensate for the Mother-in-law's big mouth.

Still, it's only twice a year... once when she stops by at Christmas
and again when shy passes by at Halloween.

Regards,
Peter.

VoiceMax Telstar Electronics Equipment 0 November 20th 07 11:42 AM
VoiceMax Telstar Electronics CB 0 November 17th 07 04:46 PM
VoiceMax Telstar Electronics Equipment 76 September 26th 07 09:55 PM
VoiceMax Telstar Electronics CB 2 September 19th 07 06:36 PM
VoiceMax... Telstar Electronics CB 54 May 7th 07 02:46 PM