Old December 26th 07, 11:55 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default VoiceMax...

VoiceMax speech processor is not for everyone...
It's only for radio operators that want maximum range from their rig.
VoiceMax is no gimmick... it uses proven AGC technology to produce
tangible results. Want to know more?
http://tinyurl.com/2ac9r5

P.S.
Stop by Ebay and see what others have said about this revolutionary
new product.
http://tinyurl.com/2q9lpu
Old December 27th 07, 12:33 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

The rave reviews continue to pour in about the new VoiceMax speech
processor! The VoiceMax is the best addition to any radio for
improving range. The same technology used in VoiceMax is used in the
best commercial and military radio equipment in operation today. There
is no reason why you can't have the same quality audio used by the
professionals... at a great price!
Visit our web site and see how VoiceMax can benefit your rig...
www.telstar-electronics.com
Old December 27th 07, 09:37 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
me me is offline

On Wed, 26 Dec 2007 15:55:32 -0800 (PST), Telstar Electronics
wrote:

VoiceMax speech processor is junk

Old December 27th 07, 09:55 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Dec 26, 4:55 pm, Telstar Electronics
wrote:
VoiceMax speech processor is not for everyone...

Only for those who want overmodulation and splatter.
Old December 27th 07, 11:30 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

wrote:

VoiceMax speech processor is not for everyone...

Only for those who want overmodulation and splatter.

still bitter over being cancelled mr cartoon character

Old December 28th 07, 02:02 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

wrote:
VoiceMax speech processor is not for everyone...

Only for those who want overmodulation and splatter.

I am sure Brian's ways are a little different, but still you guys have
never shown any documented measured proof that Voice Max will over
modulate or splatter. I believe most any radio can be adjusted to over
modulate and then splatter.

Where's the beef? You need to show us a measured RF Envelope showing
before and after, while following assembly and installation instructions.

I have adjusted AM and SSB radios to have not so linear RF Envelope and
sound great. Using processors and such. While watching a o-scope and
listening to the transmitted signal from a significantly attenuated
input signal I was able to get quit a feel for the processed signal. I
used a Diawa 440 speech processor.

This thing worked great as I could mix the attenuated transmitted signal
in with skip signals and seeing if the processor gave any signal punch,
it did.

Jay in the Mojave
Old December 28th 07, 09:31 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Dec 28, 8:02*am, Jay in the Mojave wrote:
[...]

Jay, absolutely right... you can adjust any audio device on a radio
improperly... and over-modulate. The VoiceMax module is no different.
It's only as good as the person that installs and adjusts it. However,
when properly adjusted... VoiceMax will maintain your RF envelope at
the 100% AM modulation point, regardless of different voice pitches or
volume levels. Additional technical skills are required for proper
radio adjustments for FM and SSB modes. There are currently about 80
VoiceMax modules in operation (66 in US, 5 in Italy, 2 in Spain, 3 in
UK, 3 in Autrailia, 1 in Holland) at this time without a single
reported problem or complaint. Glad to see there is at least one
person out there on this NG that understands the benefits of a good
processor for two-way radio. It makes all the difference in the world.
Have a good new year...
www.telstar-electronics.com
Old December 28th 07, 10:50 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Could this unit be worked into a scanner to keep the audio level constant?
The alert tones are loud as **** and the dispatchers sometimes whisper,
so hearing the call can be difficult.
Old December 28th 07, 11:13 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Dec 28, 4:50*pm, Scott in Baltimore
wrote:
Could this unit be worked into a scanner to keep the audio level constant?
The alert tones are loud as **** and the dispatchers sometimes whisper,
so hearing the call can be difficult.

Scott... good question. The answer is yes... but with some conditions.
My feeling is that you were looking to disconnect the scanners
speaker... and insert such a device between that connection and the
speaker. I hope that is a correct assumption. The problem is that the
VoiceMax module has been designed to drive an impedance of around 1K
or higher. So in order to use VoiceMax in that application... you
would have to add perhaps a small audio amplifier (op-amp or single
transistor) connected right after VoiceMax to drive your lower
impedance speaker load. Hope that helps.
www.telstar-electronics.com
Old December 29th 07, 12:01 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Could this unit be worked into a scanner to keep the audio level constant?
The alert tones are loud as **** and the dispatchers sometimes whisper,
so hearing the call can be difficult.

Scott... good question. The answer is yes... but with some conditions.
My feeling is that you were looking to disconnect the scanners
speaker... and insert such a device between that connection and the
speaker. I hope that is a correct assumption. The problem is that the
VoiceMax module has been designed to drive an impedance of around 1K
or higher. So in order to use VoiceMax in that application... you
would have to add perhaps a small audio amplifier (op-amp or single
transistor) connected right after VoiceMax to drive your lower
impedance speaker load. Hope that helps.

Actually, I would tap into the volume control by cutting traces.
I intend to work with the line-level signals.

VoiceMax Telstar Electronics Equipment 0 November 20th 07 10:42 AM
VoiceMax Telstar Electronics CB 0 November 17th 07 03:46 PM
VoiceMax Telstar Electronics Equipment 76 September 26th 07 09:55 PM
VoiceMax Telstar Electronics CB 2 September 19th 07 06:36 PM
VoiceMax... Telstar Electronics CB 54 May 7th 07 02:46 PM