Old December 27th 07, 03:39 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default ICOM Radio in New Movies "AVPR" and last Die Hard flick

I just saw the new movie "Alien vs. Predator Requiem". During one scene a
group breaks in to a hardware store to get some guns and there sitting on
the counter was a nice Icom 756 Pro, with a huge Icom poster for it clearly
in view behind it on the wall. What I missed was the frequency they dialed
in to talk to the locate National Guard unit. Anybody else notice what it
was?

Also in the latest "Die Hard" movie it looked like the radio used in the
police car seemed to be a single or dual band Ham rig, maybe a Kenwood
2m/70cm radio. The view was rather short on the several occasions I saw it
and couldn't make out the model or the frequency dialed into it. I suspect
it's a Kenwood due to the yellow/orange back lighting.

--
Regards,
Leland C. Scott

Old December 27th 07, 06:38 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message
[...]

Hello Leland.

There have been amateur radio transceivers in the other three Die Hard
movies.
I can't remember the make - probably Icom or Kenwood handheld in DH1 and
DH2. DH3 had an FT101 on a tug.

Wonder what caused the amateur radio influence?

73, Ian.
Nottingham, UK.

Old December 27th 07, 10:53 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Fred Anonymous" wrote in message
[...]

I don't know either. I didn't notice the other Ham rigs in the earlier Die
Hard movies. I'll have to look for them the next time I see one of the
reruns on TV or cable.

--
Regards,
Leland C. Scott

Old December 27th 07, 11:04 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Weatherman" wrote in message
Also in the latest "Die Hard" movie it looked like the radio used in the
police car seemed to be a single or dual band Ham rig, maybe a Kenwood
2m/70cm radio. The view was rather short on the several occasions I saw it
and couldn't make out the model or the frequency dialed into it. I suspect
it's a Kenwood due to the yellow/orange back lighting.

The radio is tuned to 144.33, which struck me as odd, as neither the
NYPD, the DC PD, nor the FBI should be utilizing that frequency, given
that the Amateur Radio Service has primary use of the 2 meter band.

That's a valid point. There was a very interesting discussion on RRAP some
years back about cops using modified Ham HT's when off duty and also when on
stake-outs. I remember seeing a Royal Oak cop sitting at a table in a
restaurant along Woodward some years back with what was clearly a FT-50 HT
on the table top. The usual brick sized Motorola hip-rig was nowhere in
sight.

I think the radio was an ADI mobile, but it could also have been an
Alinco.

OK. I couldn't tell.

--
Regards,