Old February 7th 08, 08:36 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Which CD Radio is Better? Cobra or Galaxy?

Galaxy DX-959 or DX-979

http://www.claysradioshop.com/galaxyradio-all.htm

Cobra 148GTL

http://www.cobra.com/index.cfm?fusea...category_ID=30

I wish to buy the best CD Radio.

Thanks!

Old February 7th 08, 12:28 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

http://www.cobra.com/index.cfm?fusea...ay&Product_ID=....

I wish to buy the best CD Radio.

Thanks!

I always preferred Codra...
Old February 10th 08, 01:23 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Feb 7, 3:36*am, "Dave" wrote:
Galaxy DX-959 or DX-979

Cobra 148GTL
I wish to buy the best CD Radio.

Thanks!

A Galaxy radio will change your personality. Everyone that has one is
constantly asking for radio checks, the radios sound great, it is the
operators that are so annoying. I recently bought a cobra and had to
throw it in the trash because the receive was so bad on it. I own 3
Unidens and they are great. The Uniden pc68 elite is a whole inch
smaller in width than the other radios you are lookin at, which makes
finding an installation location a lot easier. The radio is no better
than the antenna that is with it.
Old February 10th 08, 05:26 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

A Galaxy radio will change your personality. Everyone that has one is
constantly asking for radio checks, the radios sound great, it is the
operators that are so annoying.

Must be that "quack-back" feature that lets them hear themselves.
It's to remind the operator about what they just said so they
don't forget real quick and sound stoopider then they really are. ;-)
Old February 14th 08, 02:22 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Sat, 9 Feb 2008 17:23:21 -0800 (PST), "
wrote:

On Feb 7, 3:36*am, "Dave" wrote:
Galaxy DX-959 or DX-979

Cobra 148GTL
I wish to buy the best CD Radio.

Thanks!

A Galaxy radio will change your personality. Everyone that has one is
constantly asking for radio checks, the radios sound great, it is the
operators that are so annoying. I recently bought a cobra and had to
throw it in the trash because the receive was so bad on it. I own 3
Unidens and they are great. The Uniden pc68 elite is a whole inch
smaller in width than the other radios you are lookin at, which makes
finding an installation location a lot easier. The radio is no better
than the antenna that is with it.

I had one. Horrible on SSB. Drift like an unanchored boat.

Vinnie S.

Old February 16th 08, 11:05 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

|"Telstar Electronics" wrote in message
|On Feb 7, 2:36 am, "Dave" wrote:
| Galaxy DX-959 or DX-979
|
| http://www.claysradioshop.com/galaxyradio-all.htm
|
| Cobra 148GTL
|
| http://www.cobra.com/index.cfm?fusea...ay&Product_ID=...
|
| I wish to buy the best CD Radio.
|
| Thanks!
|
|I always preferred Codra...

I would venture to say that there is spit difference between them
performance wise. Just bells and whistles and outside packaging. I
would also venture that both are made by the same third party company
in China.

james