Old March 29th 08, 03:47 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Hey

"jim" wrote in message

Hey Jim. Was thinking what ever became of you. You haven't missed much
here. Keep the killfile handy as there are a bunch of nuts that have
settled here. 73, Jim on Long Island.

Hello again, Jim

Well I got thinking (can be dangerous). I killfiled three people - and half
of the posts disappeared!!!

73 fom Rochester, NY
Jim

Old April 1st 08, 12:54 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
jim jim is offline

Jim AA2QA wrote:

"jim" wrote in message

Hey Jim. Was thinking what ever became of you. You haven't missed much
here. Keep the killfile handy as there are a bunch of nuts that have
settled here. 73, Jim on Long Island.

Hello Jim,

Been awhile since I was down your way. The Worlds' Fair, to be precise when
I was staying with a cousin on Eaton Neck Point (not sure of the spelling
and it has been 44 years or so LOL). Tried - was it K2US - the ham shack in
the Coke pavillion. A killer watt on 20 meters netted me a guy on Long
Island. Sheesh ) I did a lot better running 60-70 watts on cw from the
home shack LOL. Heck, 65 watts on AM used to get me into Italy just fine.
But Long Island running a KW? Give me a break. Why that guy responded I
never did understand.

I killfiled all the rec.radio.amateur as they had gotten so bad as of a year
or more ago. Idiots came flaming into rec.radio.cb and got what they asked
for, I guess, although a number of them are still rattling on around here.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

Jeez Jim Eatons Neck Point is money. Glad to hear you were rich back then
Yeah the amateurs figured that if there is trash on their ng why not
xpost it to the 'supposed' lower class operators on this ng.
Good to hear from you again Jim. Regards.

Old April 1st 08, 04:04 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

"jim" wrote in message

Jim AA2QA wrote:

"jim" wrote in message

[...]

You're right about money. I stayed with my 3rd cousin. Good grief, his
wife only made one meal per week for him. That was Sunday. Every other
day, they ate out. I nearly croaked when we went for dinner that first
night. Spaghetti, the cheapest thing on the menu, was $8.00. Remember,
this was 1964 (I think LOL). He was the general manager of Pickering (the
phonograph cartridge maker) and later became the president of Pickering.
His neighbor was ... gad, I'm trying to remember .... some big banker ....
with his own helicopter. Yep, big money there LOL.

I almost came close. My grandfather and his parents immigrated from
Scotland. My grandfather was born in 1891 and (I'm wondering how many jobs
they were working and how much money my great-grandfather had), in the 1920
census they were both listed as "stonecutters". My dad showed up in the
1920 census as 6 months old (he is still alive and doing well). Well, my
great-grandfather and my grandfather ended up owning Gouverneur Marble Works
(I was born in Gouverneur). Before the great depression, my grandfather
(still quite young) was worth 3/4 million. That was *money* in those days
and my other grandparents were quite well off. He worked in a lace mill and
owned some restaurants as well. I've seen some "society" pages from the
Gouverneur Tribune and those families were "in". The depression wiped my
dad's grandfather and father out and then Gouverneur Marble ran out of
marble Such is life. At least I've never had to deal with being rich
and loosing it all.

Great to hear from some of the folks in this ng. One can't tell what the
virtue (or lack thereof) of folks is by the having or not having a ticket.
Heck, I've had a good chat with a guy who, upon hearing of my interest in
black holes, asked if I had college level calculus. When I answered in the
affirmative, he suggested I take his course at the U. of R. He taught
theoretical physics! I respectfully declined as I've been out of school
over 40 years now and hardly can tell an integral from an integer LOL.

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

Old April 2nd 08, 02:05 AM posted to rec.radio.cb
jim jim is offline

Jim AA2QA wrote:
"jim" wrote in message

Jim AA2QA wrote:

"jim" wrote in message

[...]

Heh theoritical physics is just that, theoritical. Good for you Jim.
Gives me a headache thinking about it.