Old April 9th 08, 06:33 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default WHAT DOSE SQUELCH DO?

I BOUGH AN 23 CHANNEL REALISTIC NAVAJO VINTAGE CB RADIO FROM THE
THRIFT STORE. I HOOKEDYED UP TO THE ANTENNAE (THE KIND THAT YOU MOUNT
ON YOU CAR, I THINK), AND IT SEEMS TO WORK OKAY, ALTHOUGH I CAN HEAR
PEOPLE TALKING, NOBODY HAS ANSWER ME BACK YET.

UMMMMMMM THE SQUELCH BUTTON DOESN'T SEEM TO DO NOTHING BUT TURN THE
CHANNEL "OFF"!

IT SEEM'S THAT TO HEAR ANYTHING I HALF TO HAVE THE SQUELCH TURNED ALL
THE WAY DOWN ALL THE TIMES.

THANKS.

Old April 9th 08, 06:04 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Apr 9, 10:12*am, "Channel Cop" wrote:
TROOOOOOOOOOOOL

yws indeed you are a troll
Old April 10th 08, 04:13 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Apr 9, 1:04*pm, an_old_friend wrote:
On Apr 9, 10:12*am, "Channel Cop" wrote:

TROOOOOOOOOOOOL

yws indeed you are a troll

I also thought he was a troll when I read the subject line.

But after reading the message, I'm not so sure.

It sounds like he's far away from the stations transmitting.

So my advice to him is to either

get a better anteenna or

put the antenna in a better location or

at least get an antenna for his cb.

Old April 10th 08, 04:47 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Apr 9, 1:33*am, The Space Boss wrote:
I BOUGH AN 23 CHANNEL REALISTIC NAVAJO VINTAGE CB RADIO FROM THE
THRIFT STORE. I HOOKEDYED UP TO THE ANTENNAE (THE KIND THAT YOU MOUNT
ON YOU CAR, I THINK), AND IT SEEMS TO WORK OKAY, ALTHOUGH I CAN HEAR
PEOPLE TALKING, NOBODY HAS ANSWER ME BACK YET.

Are you sure they're cbers?

Maybe someone tried converting it to a 10 meter ham radio.

As I understand it, that's the way most hams got on 10 meters back in
those days.

But don't try it now since it's illegal now.

Although some hams will try to tell you "it's legal because ham radios
don't need to be certified".

Oh yeah? Read the fcc rules. And some other hams said you can lose
your ham ticket for even having one let alone using it.

Since I'm not rich, I myself wanted to try converting a 11 meter cb
radio to 10 meter ham radio, but the fcc rules clearly show that's not
allowed anymore.

The reasons the FCC gave is that it's not a ham radio since it is
channelized and can easily be converted to use on 11 meters.
easily b
If you convert a 11 meter cb to 10 meter ham, what you now have is a
channelized 10 meter radio that can easily be converted to use on 11
meters, exactly what
the FCC says is NOT legal because it's NOT a ham radio (according to
the FCC) and therefore, not allowed to be used on the ham bands.
(according to the
FCC)

which proves that yes, ham radios do need to be certified to be used
on the ham bands in the U.S.

If they didn't need to be certified, then using a converted 11 meter
cb as aa ham radio on the ham bands with the appropriate ham ticket
would be legal, which it isn;t
according to the FCC rules.

Squelch controls RedPenguin Scanner 2 February 25th 07 01:06 AM
VX7-R Squelch noise problem. [email protected] Equipment 0 December 23rd 06 10:03 AM
kenwood squelch adj james Equipment 0 January 16th 05 05:52 PM
BC 210 No squelch Rich Evans Scanner 2 December 28th 03 02:10 AM
What's All Dose Numbers Hams Use A Ham Elmer Dx 3 July 16th 03 04:44 PM