Old April 16th 08, 05:47 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default meaning of 10-200

Speaking about meanings of words changing over time, when was the
meaning of 10-200 changed?

And it seems to have only changed in certain areas while remaining the
same in other areas.

When I was growing up in the 70's and 80's, all of the radio
publications I read, which were several different
publications, all said the exact same thing about the meaning iof
10-200.

That everywhere in the country (U.S.), it meant that you had to take a
#2 during a bathroom break.

If youwere talking on cb.

Now I read on the internet that some areas of the U.S. are using it to
mean "police urgently needed" if you're
talking on cb.

Yet these areas seem to be widely separated from each other so that
you don't know which cities or areas
are using the new meaning.

Since other areas of the country are still using the old meaning since
that's what it has always meant on cb.

Since I grew up back then and that's the way I learned it, I would
just naturally use the old meaning.

Some people from back then naturally would justout of habit.

But what worries me is I sure would hate to say "10-200" on cb and
then have the police come arrest me
for "false emergency calls" right while I'm in the restroom in the
rest area on the ingerstate taking a #2.

Even though I never made a "false emergency call" over cb.

Why can't people leave the meanings of the words alone and keep them
the way they were so that this
problem of it meaning something different in half of the country than
it does in the other half of the country
wouldn't exist.

It meaning "police urgently needed" is a recent development. As far as
cb goes.

#2 during a bathroom break.

If youwere talking on cb.

Now I read on the internet that some areas of the U.S. are using it to
mean "police urgently needed" if you're
talking on cb.

never read that myself I thought the trolls on here were just making
**** up as always- Hide quoted text -

Now I read on the internet that some areas of the U.S. are using it to
mean "police urgently needed" if you're
talking on cb.

never read that myself I thought the trolls on here were just making
**** up as always

You might be correct. I might have fell for what the trolls on here
posted.

With the internet out of the picture, I've only seen one meaning for
it, which is what I posted I read in a bunch of radio publications in
the 70's and 80's,
and it isn't the "police urgently needed" meaning.

as to cb lingo.

#2 during a bathroom break.

If youwere talking on cb.

Now I read on the internet that some areas of the U.S. are using it to
mean "police urgently needed" if you're
talking on cb.

never read that myself I thought the trolls on here were just making
**** up as always

Get off your fat ass and clean up that dump you call your yard you lazy
*******.

http://i10.tinypic.com/4fzaadx.jpg

Old April 16th 08, 11:00 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default stop the lies dloyd

On Apr 16, 5:56*pm, "an old morgan is a total slob"
wrote:

fake