Old April 16th 08, 06:16 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default losing licenses

Well, there was a couple who lost their ham licenses just because the
woman was a woman.

I once read a post by some legal-eagle type of ham who admitted he
turned a couple to the fcc and made
them lose their ham licenses because the couple who used ham radio as
a cell phone were breaking the
law by using secret code words intended to obscure the meaning of what
was being said such as the
wife saying "Go to that store and pick me up those grocries." and the
wife saying "get me what I want at
the store" (without saying which store).

Well, those are NOT secret code words intended to obscure the
meaning.

From my own personal experience, that is just the way most women talk,
including women who never ever
used a two-radio in their entire lives.

That's just the way most women who I personally know talk.

I think they do it just to drive men crazy.

And it does drive me crazy.

Real life example while NOT talking on the radio.

I'm told to go to the store. I wonder which store. And the reply is
"You know, that store". And I still don't
have any idea at all which store she's talking about.

Trying to pursue it any further by saying "No, I don't know which
store" just ends up starting an
argument about it.

No wonder most women seem to not want to use ham radio.

Although I have heard a few women hams on ham radio while listening to
my scanner.

They risk losing their ham radio licenses for just talking "in plain
Englsh" the way they naturally do.

Even though the rules clearly say to talk "in plain English".

I've also seen some hams (not all) complain about people using plain
English words on ham radio
instead of the ham radio terms even though the plain English words
were more in keeping with the
rules than those particular ham radio terms.

Some hams complained about a couple of other hams using the plain
English language of meet me later
on the two meter" as short for "meet me later on the two meter radio"
instead of using the non plain English
term of "meet me later on my rig".

Now that I think about it, the hams they were complaining about were
more correct, because they were
talking in plain English as the rules required, they kept the
transmissions as short as they could while still
making sense by shortening "the two meter radio" to the two meter",
and if they had said "meet me later
on my rig", the other person wouldn't know which rig or band to meet
him on, especially if he had a cb
rig in addition to ham rigs.

Old April 16th 08, 06:23 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Apr 16, 1:16*pm, wrote:
Well, there was a couple who lost their ham licenses just because the
woman was a woman.

I once read a post by some legal-eagle type of ham who admitted he
turned a couple to the fcc and made

interesting tale but I doubt it without some evdicen

and why bring this up to CBer's looks like trolling to me
Old April 16th 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Apr 16, 1:23*pm, an_old_friend wrote:
On Apr 16, 1:16*pm, wrote:

Well, there was a couple who lost their ham licenses just because the
woman was a woman.

I once read a post by some legal-eagle type of ham who admitted he
turned a couple to the fcc and made

interesting tale but I doubt it without some evdicen

and why bring this up to CBer's looks like trolling to me

and why bring this up to CBer's looks like trolling to me

oops. I didn't notice I was only in the cb newsgroup. I got so used
to several posts being crossposted between the two newsgroups.

Such as the "They walk among us" thread was crossposted between the
two newsgroups by the original poster.

And no it isn't trolling.

It would be trolling if I did post it in only the ham newsgroup,