Old June 23rd 08, 05:31 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default FS: Cobra 2000 GTL $300 a steal

Hello Jay.
I do remember you from the days of very busy.

The HR series 10 meter radios were the best at what they did.
Sold at a price point of $200.00 at the time. Hot 10 meter
openings were the target, and 10 meter Novice and Tech grades
might be inticed to buy. I knew a lot of General Class hams that
bought them for what they were designed for.

The receivers ... were good.
And lets face it the receivers are what we pay money for.

My long time favorite radios. Because of the receivers.

Base Stations: Browning Golden Eagle Mark II
That receiver was the best. Collins Mechanical filter in the IF.
But only 23 channels.

Mark Invader Mobile. AM only,. Collins Mechanical filter in the IF.
Large Meter on the face. Again, 23 channels.

Seems that after the 40 channels hit, High end receivers were gone.
At least from the CB world. Sure you could tweak up the Uniden
radios to do better. The Cobra 2K, and the Uniden Madison.
But out of the box..

What say others out there.
Name some 40 channel CB only transceivers that would hold up against
the fore mentioned radios?

"Jay in the Mojave" wrote in message
Hello Bill:

Hope all is well with you and your family. I was a customer of yours as I
was treated very well and enjoyed doing business with you.

I would think a new base station radio could be released that looked good
and all. New parts and pieces could be used. The radio could be designed
to allow upgrades to be easily installed like IF Filters, Duel Gate MOS
FET Front Ends, DSP, Audio Speech Processors, Edge Lighting, and what ever
else. A extended receiver range to attract users to listen in on the
10/15/20 meter bands.

I would have a club or group on the internet that could ask technical
questions and such, something like the Uniden 2510 had.

Dream on! ah? Good to hear from you again Bill please come back, and post
more. I use a filter in the computer to filter out the BOZO's and keeps it
reasonable clean.

Jay in the Mojave

Bill wrote:
This is Bill from Morgan Hill.
And Bill Good was very well thought of in the CB Tech Community.
He was an interesting fellow, and as MV says, it highly missed by those
he got along with.

I was just poking around the other day trying to figure out what a nice
2000GTL would sell for.
I have one in the used stuff I would like to part with.

There is a brand new, old stock on ebay selling for $355.00 and the
reserve isn't met.
I have had people tell me that they have paid over $500 for one like
this. Not sure why.
But it goes to show ya, that it is whatever the market will go to. This
would be a great
radio to re-introduce into the market. Problem is, so much of the parts
are in short supply/
Or totally NOT available. The PLL, the Counter Chip, the Finals, and on.

This is my first post on here in maybe 5 years. Hello to all those that
were customers
over the past. I'll try and look on here a couple times a week.

73's Bill

"Jay in the Mojave" wrote in message
Hello MV:

No Bill Good lived near Pinion Hills Ca, different Bill.

Yeah its a good radio the 2000. And yes you have a very good point there
it was pretty too look at.

How many times have we all walked into a radio shop/store and told the
guy there that don't try to BS us because we are Bitchen type of guys
who knows whats happening. Then brain disconnect happens, and say how
much for that pretty radio there............

Jay in the Mojave

MV wrote:

Jay,
Is that the same Bill from Morgan Hills, CA?

On the subject of the 2000. Even with the design performance issues,
not that a stock radio was that bad, the 2000 was one of the best
looking rigs that came out of that time, as far as I'm concerned. The
Cobra 2000 was just a good looking radio that did a decent job with
transmit and receive.

I have a couple of them that I wouldn't take $400 for.

Old June 25th 08, 12:04 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Copy that, Bill. At any rate good luck to you and thanks for the inventory
report.

73,
Steve.

"Bill" wrote:
Hello Steve.
I do not have a single antenna for base stations left.
I have three radial kits for the A99..
Go figure.

"Steve" wrote in message
Hello Bill, do you have any beam antennas left for sale? (email me if
you'd
prefer)

73
Steve

--
http://NewsReader.Com/

--
http://NewsReader.Com/
Old June 28th 08, 04:20 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Bill" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

WOW!, the great Bill from Morgan Hill !!!! LOL!!!!!!!!!! I'm surprised you were
able to find the time to even look at the newsgroup, let alone post. I hope things
have
been going PERFECT for you. I do have to call and make an arrangement to come
over, but a lot depends on stuff happening around here.

Landshark

Old June 29th 08, 04:40 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Hey there, well as you know I am not in Morgan Hill any longer.
See you when I see you.

"Landshark" wrote in message

"Bill" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Cobra 200 GTL DX VS Cobra 2000 GTL [email protected] CB 4 February 6th 06 08:05 PM
NEW COBRA 2000 [email protected] CB 0 June 1st 05 06:52 AM
Cobra 2000 Robert CB 2 October 17th 04 01:41 AM
Cobra 2000 FS George Kinzer Swap 0 March 17th 04 05:35 AM
fs cobra 2000 George Kinzer CB 17 March 11th 04 05:03 AM