RadioBanter

-   -   CB Radio Operating (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/135718-cb-radio-operating.html)

The Dude! August 13th 08 04:55 PM

CB Radio Operating

wrote in message
All I'm really talking about is, " And maybe a few other words thrown in.

I know. It's just that the self-appointed radio cops really irrritate
me since they're usually guilty of far worse crimes theirselves than
what they claim the people they turn in have committed.

And the people they turn in are usually completely innocent people
caught inbetween catch-22 situations that the
self-appointed radio cops manufactures for them in the first place.

Since the self-appointed radio cops are obsessed with knowing every
single little obscure law there is, they KNOW the
laws are purposely written contradictory to each other so that the law
can charge anyone for anything anytime they
feel like it, no matter which course of the only possible actions to
take the unfortunate person decides to take.

And yet the self-appointed radio cops who have done such, usually get
away scott free from the very serious very illeal crimes they commit.

---------

Well, as for me, I've never turned anybody in. I'm not even advocating
that. I'd just like people to have some manners again and treat each other
with respect.

The Dude! August 13th 08 05:01 PM

CB Radio Operating

If you were so concerned about the language, why did you repeat it here,
where children could read it?

Because it's not "in the public" here and not illegal. No one agreed not to
use foul language in order to post here. By using the CB radio frequencies,
one is impliciting agreeing to the FCC rules of use.

If I was at a public venue, such as a game at a city park, I would call a
person on the use of foul language. However, if I was in a bar & grill and
someone is at the bar drinking and swearing, I'd leave it alone. It's a
matter of appropriate places and contexts. The CB radio services in neither
the appropriate place or context. Besides, it constitutes illegal use.

It seems that common decency isn't very common any more.

The Dude! August 13th 08 07:19 PM

CB Radio Operating

"Bob Dobbs" wrote in message
The Dude! wrote:
I suppose you would defend kiddy porn, too.

Why must you try to sneak your inner passions into the mix?

--

Operator Bob
Echo Charlie 42

Ahhh, we've reached the point of your attacking me personally instead of
speaking to the points being discussed. YOU LOSE!

The Dude! August 13th 08 07:22 PM

CB Radio Operating

Maybe you'd better drop the dime, channel cop

As stated in a previous post, I have never turned anyone in nor do I intend
to. You're missing the whole point of the post, which is trying to make
people think a little bit and perhaps treat others better - as in being more
polite and respectful of other people who want to use a public service.

The Dude! August 13th 08 07:23 PM

CB Radio Operating

"Bob Dobbs" wrote in message
The Dude! wrote:

It seems that common decency isn't very common any more.

Your version of 'common' only exists
in the hollow echo of your own mind,
not very common at all in the real world.

Thank you for making my point. But it used to exist.

The Dude! August 13th 08 07:28 PM

CB Radio Operating

"Bob Dobbs" wrote in message
KA6SCO wrote:
If you were so concerned about the language, why did you repeat it here,
where children could read it?

Censorship only applies to the other guy,
same as all the morality spewed from those xian leaders.

HELLO, McFly! I didn't advocate anything akin to cencorship. I was talking
about people behaving because it's the right thing to do. I never wrote of
censoring anyone. You pulled that out of your own delusions.

KA6SCO August 13th 08 07:37 PM

CB Radio Operating

"The Dude!" wrote in message
om...
If you were so concerned about the language, why did you repeat it here,
where children could read it?

Because it's not "in the public" here and not illegal. No one agreed not

use foul language in order to post here. By using the CB radio

frequencies,
one is impliciting agreeing to the FCC rules of use.

If I was at a public venue, such as a game at a city park, I would call a
person on the use of foul language. However, if I was in a bar & grill

and
someone is at the bar drinking and swearing, I'd leave it alone. It's a
matter of appropriate places and contexts. The CB radio services in

neither
the appropriate place or context. Besides, it constitutes illegal use.

It seems that common decency isn't very common any more.

It most certainly is "in the public" as you put it, when you post it here.
I will agree that it is not illegal to use it here or against any rules, but
you have made quite a few comments regarding "decency", to which you say it
is not on the cb bands. Yet here, you feel that "decency" doesn't apply, why
not? It should apply any where you are, even the "bar & grill". If you are
going to preach decency and complain about it, then you must practice it
across the board, not only to where "you" think it should be applied. If you
don't like what people are saying at that "Bar & Grill", go to another. If
you don't like what people are talking about at a particular park, go to a
different part of the park or leave. Saying just because it's against the
rules on cb and it's indecent, it shouldn't be said there, but perfectly ok
to swear anywhere else, as long as it's to "your" standards, that
hypocritical.
Honestly, if you were very concerned hearing that over the cb
radio, you would be equally adamant about not perpetuating it in public or
in type.

KA6SCO Rolf

The Dude! August 13th 08 08:42 PM

CB Radio Operating

not? It should apply any where you are, even the "bar & grill". If you are
going to preach decency and complain about it, then you must practice it
across the board, not only to where "you" think it should be applied.

It's not just me that thinks it should be applied. It's a federal
regulation that makes it inappropriate on CB.

KA6SCO August 13th 08 09:30 PM

CB Radio Operating

"The Dude!" wrote in message
om...
not? It should apply any where you are, even the "bar & grill". If you

are
going to preach decency and complain about it, then you must practice it
across the board, not only to where "you" think it should be applied.

It's not just me that thinks it should be applied. It's a federal
regulation that makes it inappropriate on CB.

OK, you're point??? I never disagreed with you, I was talking about how you
repeated those words in type, to which was
not necessary nor was it decent or appropriate. YOU are the
one going on about how "decency" is needed on CB radio airwaves, I'll agree,
same paragraph you go off and type the very words you say are indecent to
say, you don't think that's a
little hypocritical? I was at a SF Giants game last week with
my 6 year old grandson, the people behind me were using words
that I thought were inappropriate for those surroundings (children
with in ear shot). I even recorded it on my cell phone for the ushers to
hear, they said that it wasn't "foul language", though it's content was
pretty raw, they couldn't do anything about it. So I requested to be moved
to comparable seats due to the fact these people were not taking into
account there were children with in ear shot, they moved me. Now they
weren't swearing, but I did not want my grandson hearing about how he puked
his guts out because he drank to much, or what drugs they were taking to get
high.
My whole point is, you are going off on how people swear on
the CB radio, it's indecent and against the rules, but yet you break that
decency rule right away by putting it into type.

If you are going to complain about decency, you must practice
it too.

KA6SCO Rolf

[email protected] August 13th 08 09:48 PM

CB Radio Operating

Right. So I suppose that expecting people to not say "****" and "****" on
PUBLIC airwaves that kids can be listening to is an "overly expressed
concern??" Damn, Bob! I suppose you would defend kiddy porn, too.

Hey! I can't have the Computer on when the kids are in the room
due to the prolific use of foul language. It's really sad how far the
news service has sunk.