Old August 12th 08, 05:03 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default CB Radio Operating

I wish CBers would follow rules that exist concerning the use of foul
language. I like to hear and speak with CBers during my daily commute. I
can't, however, have the CB on when the kids are in the car due to the
prolific use of foul language. It's really sad how far the service has
sunk.

Oh for the heyday of the 70s when CBers were numerous and truckers were the
best drivers on the road (and, yes, I remember those days personally)!

Old August 12th 08, 07:20 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"an old friend" wrote in message
On Aug 12, 12:03 pm, "The Dude!" wrote:
I wish CBers would follow rules that exist concerning the use of foul
language. I like to hear and speak with CBers during my daily commute. I
can't, however, have the CB on when the kids are in the car due to the
prolific use of foul language. It's really sad how far the service has
sunk.

Oh for the heyday of the 70s when CBers were numerous and truckers were
the
best drivers on the road (and, yes, I remember those days personally)!

maybe you need to hang in a better part of the country

I never hear bad lang here on CB that seem reseverved for 75m and
occionanly 20 m ham

----------

On a recent trip, I heard foul language in Missouri, Kansas, and Colorado -
especially Colorado, near Denver. I'm sure the offenders weren't locals.
They were definitely truckers. I don't know what "part of the country" the
truckers were from.

Old August 12th 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On Aug 12, 12:03*pm, "The Dude!" wrote:
I wish CBers would follow rules that exist concerning the use of foul
language. *I like to hear and speak with CBers during my daily commute. *I
can't, however, have the CB on when the kids are in the car due to the
prolific use of foul language. *It's really sad how far the service has
sunk.

Well for starters, while the above is true, there's also the fact that
what is considered perfectly acceptable G rated okay
sentences for kids to use in Appalachia, is considered by the rest of
the country to be X-rated words that kids should never say and no one
should ever use on the radio.

And all because the words simply have a different meaning in the
different parts of the country.

And since most people think of cb, for some reason, as connected with
Appalachia, of course you're going to hear
sentences on CB such as "that freaking lady at the store didn't give
my kids a poke" that you don't want your kids to
hear because it's X rated "foul language".

No, not there it isn't. It doesn't mean the same thing. It's not X-
rated, but perfectly acceptable G rated.

And complaining about store workers not doing that is a very valid
complaint today.

And then the "radio cops" wonder why people don't like them when the
radio cops turn them in to the fcc for saying such
innocent things over the air as "saying obscene things over the air
that are prohibited by FCC rules" and filing severe
criminal charges against them with other agencies that can land the
person in jail for the rest of their lives for a crime
they never ever committed, just because the radio cop decides the
sentence means something other than it does.

Old August 12th 08, 10:20 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Bob Dobbs" wrote in message
The Dude! wrote:

On a recent trip, I heard foul language in Missouri, Kansas, and
Colorado -
especially Colorado, near Denver. I'm sure the offenders weren't locals.
They were definitely truckers. I don't know what "part of the country"
the
truckers were from.

Recent conditions on eleven meters have brought signals from many parts
of the country to and from those regions. Since you don't know what part
of the country those 'offenders' were from, how do you even know they
were truckers. Could have been some anal retentive repressed prude such
as you seem to be, expressing themselves while mommy was away with her
lover and dad was at work, leaving the radio available.

--

Operator Bob
Echo Charlie 42

LOL!!!

They were not rolling in on skip. They were local truckers calling each
other, "driver." I've used CB radios since the 70s and know what I'm
talking about. BTW, how does not liking foul language on the air waves
(which is illegal) make someone a prude. What a leap!

Old August 12th 08, 10:24 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

wrote in message
[...]

--------
All I'm really talking about is, "****, ****, ****, ****, cock-sucker,
mother-****er, tits." And maybe a few other words thrown in. I don't have
a problem with people using foul language in general, just not in PUBLIC
(including the PUBLIC airwaves). Inuendo that masks the meaning of a
sentence to children but is amusing to adults is fine as far as I'm
concerned.

Old August 13th 08, 12:42 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Bob Dobbs" wrote in message
The Dude! wrote:
BTW, how does not liking foul language on the air waves
(which is illegal) make someone a prude.

Prudishness is an overly expressed concern
for some infraction of modesty, especially spoken language.

Right. So I suppose that expecting people to not say "****" and "****" on
PUBLIC airwaves that kids can be listening to is an "overly expressed
concern??" Damn, Bob! I suppose you would defend kiddy porn, too.

Old August 13th 08, 12:57 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Bob Dobbs" wrote in message
The Dude! wrote:

All I'm really talking about is, "****, ****, ****, ****, cock-sucker,
mother-****er, tits." And maybe a few other words thrown in. I don't
have
a problem with people using foul language in general, just not in PUBLIC
(including the PUBLIC airwaves). Inuendo that masks the meaning of a
sentence to children but is amusing to adults is fine as far as I'm
concerned.

Maybe CB shouldn't be considered as an acceptable entertainment source
for your kids? Why should the free access nature of CB make it more
subject to moral considerations than something like Howard Stern that
you have to pay for?

Because it is a PUBLIC service. The airwaves are public. It's not a moral
concern, just one of common courtesy and decent behavior. Mostly, it's
because the free access nature of CB has restricted communications. By
using a CB radio, you are agreeing to abide by the rules. Title 47 Part
95, section 95.413 states that "to transmit obscence, indecent or profane
words, language or meaning" is prohibited. If you are using a CB and
agreeing to the rules and then violate those rules, you are showing your
lack of character (not to mention violating federal regulations).

Old August 13th 08, 02:25 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"Bob Dobbs" wrote in message
Fred wrote:
On Tue, 12 Aug 2008 12:00:06 -0700, Bob Dobbs
wrote:

although quite a bargain by
today's blundering Bush standards,

Try Nancy Pelosi and the Dumbocrat Congress and Senate, you ****tard!
Look no further if you want to find the answer to the energy crisis.
Now we want to elect the next Jimmy Carter ie: Obumba, to really drive
us into a recession.

You really have that anger meter in the red, Fred.

It is amazing how ignorant some people can be, yet they preach their
stupidity at any given chance.

I don't quite find you as amazing as you think yourself to be,
maybe you could see if it's possible to take your own advice
and...

Go **** yourself!

--

Operator Bob
Echo Charlie 42

I think that the terminology of the quote "Go fu*k yourself!, comes from the
following:

a father and his son were having a discussion of when the father would
procure a vehicle for the son on at a given time; whereas the son turns 16
and the father says "does your schmekel reach your tuchas"? and the son
replies "NO" and the father tells him to come back when it does. Awhile
later - a year or so - the son again approaches the father with the same
question and the father again asks the same of his son, again the answer is
"NO"! Then the son turns 18 years old and again comes to the father and
asks the same stupid question again & if the father is going to procure a
vehicle for him? Again the father ask the same stupid question and to his
surprise the son answers "YES"! And that is where the terminology comes
from, as the father says ""good then" - "GO FU*K YOURSELF""!

Old August 13th 08, 04:33 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

All I'm really talking about is, " *And maybe a few other words thrown in. *

I know. It's just that the self-appointed radio cops really irrritate
me since they're usually guilty of far worse crimes theirselves than
what they claim the people they turn in have committed.

And the people they turn in are usually completely innocent people
caught inbetween catch-22 situations that the
self-appointed radio cops manufactures for them in the first place.

Since the self-appointed radio cops are obsessed with knowing every
single little obscure law there is, they KNOW the
laws are purposely written contradictory to each other so that the law
can charge anyone for anything anytime they
feel like it, no matter which course of the only possible actions to
take the unfortunate person decides to take.

And yet the self-appointed radio cops who have done such, usually get
away scott free from the very serious very illeal crimes they commit.

Old August 13th 08, 04:52 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

"The Dude!" wrote in message

--------
All I'm really talking about is, "sh#t, ****, f*ck, c@nt, c%ck-sucker,
mother-f!cker, tits." And maybe a few other words thrown in. I don't

have
a problem with people using foul language in general, just not in PUBLIC
(including the PUBLIC airwaves). Inuendo that masks the meaning of a
sentence to children but is amusing to adults is fine as far as I'm
concerned.

If you were so concerned about the language, why did you repeat it here,
where children could read it?
I fixed it for you....................

KA6SCO Rolf