Old September 16th 08, 05:52 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Doug Adair, Sparky, and George

On 16 Sep 2008 01:41:15 GMT, Steve wrote in
:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 16 Sep 2008 00:34:29 GMT, Steve wrote in
:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 31 Aug 2008 02:37:53 GMT, Steve wrote in
:

Hello Yo, (top posted reply as to not trim)

Yeah that was a fun throw-back to days gone by, good to go. Wtf
happened to Frank?

Still checking in from time to time. But this group has degraded so
far that it's not even worth the effort to read any more.

Hello Frank,

Yeah separating the wheat from the chafe is too much work in here. At
any rate good to see you post again.

Hey, you still got that Ford?

Hello Frank

Maybe, I have two Ford trucks currently. An F-250 and a E-350. I may have
to change my email addy to fordaholic, what say? :^P

I just picked up an F-250 last week.
It's a total basket case and might be road-worthy in another week or
two, depending on how long my blood supply holds out (Feed me,
Seymour!).

Dang, you must have some kinda rare blood type to afford the upgrade from a
total basket case to road worthy inside of a week! How much for a pint?!

The truck seems to prefer direct deposit (those passenger-side plugs
are a bitch!).

Anyway, I'm kinda curious if you put a big alternator on
your's -- thinking about doing the same with this. Any suggestions?

Strange you should ask about the alternator, I just replaced the one in the
E-350 super duty over this past weekend. IIRC it's 130 amp. I think they
offer a smaller one but it's not much cheaper.

Are you looking for bigger amps than stock?

Actually, I can't find factory specs on this truck anywhere. It's also
got dual tanks and I don't know how big they are, and the fuel level
sensors are bad (typical of a Ford). I tried all the standard Ford
sites: ford-trucks.com, fordmuscle.com, fordsucks.com, fordrocks.com,
whiteyford.com, etc..... nothing. So any info would be greatly
appreciated. Even a link to a -good- website if you have one.

Old September 16th 08, 05:38 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Frank Gilliland wrote:
[...]

Lol, I hear ya bro.

Anyway, I'm kinda curious if you put a big alternator on
your's -- thinking about doing the same with this. Any suggestions?

Strange you should ask about the alternator, I just replaced the one in
the E-350 super duty over this past weekend. IIRC it's 130 amp. I think
they offer a smaller one but it's not much cheaper.

Are you looking for bigger amps than stock?

Actually, I can't find factory specs on this truck anywhere. It's also
got dual tanks and I don't know how big they are, and the fuel level
sensors are bad (typical of a Ford). I tried all the standard Ford
sites: ford-trucks.com, fordmuscle.com, fordsucks.com, fordrocks.com,
whiteyford.com, etc..... nothing. So any info would be greatly
appreciated. Even a link to a -good- website if you have one.

Sorry but I'm not hip to anything more than you will find on google. What
year is it, and which engine and wheel base? I have a buddy that is a Ford
truck -nut-, he has one of those monster turbo diesels that he's always
wrenching on in order to get it ready for the next mud competition. He
might be able to turn us on to more info if I can tell him what you have.

At any rate good luck with it.
Old September 16th 08, 08:40 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

On 16 Sep 2008 16:38:00 GMT, Steve wrote in
:

snip
Sorry but I'm not hip to anything more than you will find on google. What
year is it, and which engine and wheel base? I have a buddy that is a Ford
truck -nut-, he has one of those monster turbo diesels that he's always
wrenching on in order to get it ready for the next mud competition. He
might be able to turn us on to more info if I can tell him what you have.

Well, I figured out that the tanks are 19 gallons each, and the stock
alternator is either a 40 amp or 60 amp. So I'll probably hunt around
for a 100 amp job.

At any rate good luck with it.

Thanks, I'll need it..... the master cylinder is next!

Old September 16th 08, 08:49 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Frank Gilliland wrote:
On 16 Sep 2008 16:38:00 GMT, Steve wrote in
:

snip
Sorry but I'm not hip to anything more than you will find on google.
What year is it, and which engine and wheel base? I have a buddy that is
a Ford truck -nut-, he has one of those monster turbo diesels that he's
always wrenching on in order to get it ready for the next mud
competition. He might be able to turn us on to more info if I can tell
him what you have.

Well, I figured out that the tanks are 19 gallons each, and the stock
alternator is either a 40 amp or 60 amp. So I'll probably hunt around
for a 100 amp job.

At any rate good luck with it.

Thanks, I'll need it..... the master cylinder is next!

There ya go, oh by the way Landshark is a Ford truck guy of sorts, maybe he
will chime in when he sees this thread.

73
Steve.

WHY IS THIS DOUG ADAIR GUY Syfo-Dyas CB 10 May 6th 09 05:19 PM
Well I never...Doug Adair DELTA-MIKE147 [email protected] CB 4 April 14th 07 11:37 AM
more doug adair Bada Bing CB 3 October 5th 04 10:54 PM
doug adair Bada Bing CB 2 October 3rd 04 06:45 PM
Doug Adair Randy CB 2 February 19th 04 05:02 PM