Old January 11th 09, 04:25 PM posted to rec.radio.cb
OM OM is offline

Default These people didn't care hams help with emergency services

On Sat, 10 Jan 2009 14:43:31 -0500, BDK wrote:

The neighbors seem pretty irrational.

....As I posted on another group, I had my own experiences years ago
with an irrational neighbor like this. Type of guy who was so obsessed
with his football that *any* intereference was "fightin' words" with
him. Inbred ******* actually jumped my fence and cut my RG-8U in four
places one night, but was actually smart enough to wear gloves because
the cops couldn't find any fingerprints on the coax. I solved the
problem by popping in a Lafayette lo-pass filter, but a few months
later he had a Ham move in across the street from him that was running
1KW quite a bit. Inbred tried the same thing, and got caught at
gunpoint. After he got out of jail, he packed up his inbred family and
all his junk and moved elsewhere.

....Problem lies in the fact that most homeowners these days think that
when they own the home, they own the homes adjacent to them as well.
If you mind your own business - unless, of course, the ******* is
raping his kids in the back yard! - then usually you'll never have a
problem. It's when you start trying to make your neighbors behave as
*you* see fit that all hell breaks loose. Especially if it's for
bull**** reasons.

....Way I see this case, he's got Federal Law on his side. He just
needs to make sure that he's got a good attorney who's familiar with
the FCC, as well as getting the FCC involved. That is, if they still
bother to get involved in local aesthetic jurisdictional cases. Only
time they ever got involved in it down in CenTex was when some CBer
would put up a mast that not only wasn 50' over the normal limit, it
was way too close to the airport *and* along the flight line to be
that high.

OM
--
] Let's face it: Sometimes you *need* [