Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old October 12th 09, 08:12 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default Rain is good for skip

Gee, Buzz. Yer contradicting yerself. First you say,
"Rain has nothing to do with skip" then you say
"Rain may improve receiving conditions somewhat" which
is what the original post conveyed: rain is good for skip.
Read up on rain scatter.

buzz View profile
More options Oct 1, 11:55 pm

Newsgroups: rec.radio.cb
From: buzz
Date: Thu, 01 Oct 2009 21:55:18 -0600
Subject: Rain is good for skip

Nomen Nescio wrote:
Gee, Buzz. No one except YOU said anything about rain
producing skip. The title says, "Rain is good for skip."
And it is. Communication problems giving you issues again?

Maybe I need to t y p e v e r y s l o w l y so you can grasp it.

Rain has nothing to do with skip. Skip is determined by conditions in
the ionosphere some 60 miles above the earth. Rain is produced in the
troposphere which extends from ground level up to approximately 6 miles.

Rain may improve receiving conditions somewhat in some instances but
skip is either there or it isn't and rain has nothing to do with it.

So it raining at your location and you claim that makes it better for
you to hear DX stations. So if it isn't raining at the DX stations
location I guess he then can't hear you, right?

The original poster said: "All this rain is making for some good
conditions. I'm pointing south
to see if I can hear you. I'll be on 38 lsb the rest of the day.
667 in the Great Lakes"

The rain had nothing to do with him hearing and DX stations via skip. He
would be hearing them even if it wasn't raining. The rain had nothing to
do with the propagation conditions.

Rain is good for skip buzz CB 1 September 30th 09 01:06 PM
Rain is good for skip Robert Wolfe CB 5 September 28th 09 01:22 PM
Rain Static ? Deni F5VJC Antenna 113 December 19th 06 04:13 PM
R-7000 in the rain Daniel_FY1FV Antenna 4 May 30th 04 02:34 PM
R-7000 in the rain Daniel_FY1FV Antenna 2 May 27th 04 12:55 AM