Old March 17th 10, 02:14 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default FRS battery packs or loose NiMH?

As to 3 AA packs, I'm finding between 600 and 1500 mA.
Ranging in price from $8 to $15 per pack. Depending on
seller, amps, etc.

Loose AA cells can be up to 2650 mA. About the same price as
AAA.

Which pack has the advantage? I'm thinking that for most
users, the charge stand and drop in battery pack provides
convenience. The loose cells, a more advanced user can save
a few bucks. Would have to pop the batteries out each night
for charging. So, would lose convenience. Loose cells allow
the advanced user to pitch out a single cell that goes bad,
opposed to pitch out the cell pack.

In either case, for field operations I'd want a spare change
(or two) of batteries in my pocket. Perhaps in a small
ziploc bag. Having a dead battery while working the floor in
a retail store is inconvenient. During a field operation,
it's a problem.

--
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus

ft-530, IC-T90A battery packs ad4vs Equipment 1 April 3rd 08 05:12 PM
FS NOS 2 way radio battery packs CLFE Swap 0 December 29th 05 05:33 AM
FS Battery Packs cl Swap 0 February 13th 05 08:53 PM
FS ICOM H-16 and 2 lg battery packs, cgr ant Ronny Julian Swap 0 September 20th 04 01:30 PM
Uniden Battery Packs Bill Scanner 7 February 23rd 04 06:10 PM