Old January 22nd 11, 08:59 AM
Junior Member

Default Cobra 29 LX LE 50th Anniversary with Palomar 450 HD

Got the new Cobra 29 LX LE 50th Anniversary CB and the Palomar 450 HD and have no idea how to tune the CB to run with the amp. I've read that the I need to adjust the CB so the input on the amp is not to high, so it doesn't wreck the amp. Can someone please help? I've been searching for a few days now on just exactly how to do this. I'm very new to radios but am exited to get into it.

THANK YOU!!!!
Old January 23rd 11, 12:57 AM
Junior Member

I purchased the amp from someone that bought it and ended up going another route. The amp came with no information. I'm trying to figure out what 12v amperage to run to the amp from the car battery. Anyone know this?

THANK YOU!
Old January 23rd 11, 08:04 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

onetimeradio wrote:
I purchased the amp from someone that bought it and ended up going
another route. The amp came with no information. I'm trying to figure
out what 12v amperage to run to the amp from the car battery. Anyone
know this?

THANK YOU!

A 2290 can draw up to 15 amps each and a 2879 can draw up to 20 amps each.
What pills are in the amp and how many?

For a 2 pill, 8 GA if short and 6 GA if over 6 feet.
For a 4 pill, 6 GA if short and 4 GA if over 6 feet.

You can ground the amp to the vehicle's frame but make sure
you run an equal size negative lead to the battery to match
the positive feed. Fuse both leads AS CLOSE TO THE BATTERY
as possible. Use STRANDED wire. Crimp and solder the terminals
to the wire. Make sure wire is secured and won't flap around.

WLS 890 - Dick Biondi's 50th Anniversary Broadcast dxAce Shortwave 4 May 9th 10 09:20 PM
Happy 50th Cuba! OM Shortwave 0 January 4th 09 03:38 AM
Cobra 148 and palomar 200x Tube 117v amp Bi-Linear Nuz CB 1 March 10th 06 08:05 PM
Question On Grundig's 50th Anniversary SW Radio... Ford 500 Shortwave 3 December 28th 03 06:24 AM
50th. Anniversary of start of Castro's revolution. July 26th. Diimeloo Shortwave 0 July 26th 03 06:03 PM