Old September 25th 11, 02:28 PM posted to rec.radio.cb

Default resources for obtaining classic Cobra 148/ Uniden Grant?

Recently getting back into CB after a 12 year hiatus. When I left, I sold
my baby, a Uniden Grant. Seeing that Cobra 148's were still around, I
purchased one from the local truck stop, but quickly found out that these
Chinese made 148's are almost nothing like the originals in performance and
the Uniden Grant is no longer made. I'd like to get one of the classic
radios once again. I've checked out Ebay, but find the prices way too high.
Any suggestions? Also, I had a Galaxy FC-347 attached to my Grant before,
but now I see the latest model is the 347B. Will this still hook up to the
Grant/ Cobra?

Thanks,
10-4

Old November 30th 11, 02:57 AM posted to rec.radio.cb

You'll probably find most all of the folk from a dozen years ago have moved on,
so to speak, and aren't populating the eleven meter band anymore. But if you're
determined to re-establish a presence during this cycle 24, just go all out and
get a 'real' killer station from one of the HAM retailers, you will likely have
to spend more than you planned, but you can't take that money with you plus the
pleasure will provide a greater reward.

And if you decide to join the "dark side" you'll already have a radio for it!

-Scott/AE and enjoying the hell out of 10 meters! I tune in 11 after dark...
Old December 1st 11, 05:51 AM
Junior Member

It is this pay tribute to to obtain this chance in this forum,
Lets hope i could come up with a very good effectiveness. Now i am positive that I am able to make a freinds wiht everyone.
At this point i am going to present me personally briefly.
I'm a self-employed, fundamentally perform ecommerce business, I personally normally find the main things in my website to order, not long ago, For a nice and creating low cost handmade jewelry enterprise, I am it is rather commercial price, we wish to there's can do small business by using good friends of jewelry that may most of us collaboration just about every various other.

FA:Uniden Grant XL lost_in_maine CB 3 February 13th 07 07:14 PM
FS : Uniden Grant XL and PC78XL fredd CB 0 March 18th 05 02:56 AM
FA: Cobra 2000 GTL and GRANT XL TheFishrac CB 0 December 18th 04 09:42 PM
UNIDEN GRANT XL abc123 CB 0 November 8th 03 07:47 PM
HELP: Uniden Grant mic socket help! Alan Strawinski CB 2 September 1st 03 11:47 PM