Old September 1st 03, 05:07 PM
Alan Strawinski

Default HELP: Uniden Grant mic socket help!

NeonHomer wrote in
:

While I was replacing the mic socket on a President Grant (the 5 pin
model), I foolishly unhooked all the wires going to the mic socket
PCB. I do not remember where the wires go. If anyone could help me by
telling me which wires go where to the mic socket in the radio, it
would be appriecated.

I hate it when that happens.

I have a black wire that goes over toward the audio chips, a violet
wire that goes back by one of the int spk lines. I have a bare wire
that has a small wirewrap coil in it below the socket. There is a pink
wire that comes from the mic gain control, and a red wire that comes
from the PA/Squelch control.

I found a Uniden Grant schematic at:
http://www.cbtricks.com/uniden/grant/grant_sch.pdf

I base my answer on the schematic combined with your description of what
color wires go where (since the schematic doesn't show wire colors). The
"small wirewrap coil" sounds like an inductor. Anyway, I'll go ahead and
call it "bare" below:

pink - pin 1
bare - pin 2
violet - pin 3
black - pin 4
red - pin 5

Radio is my hobby not profession. If I'm wrong, somebody else in the
group should feel free to post a correction. i.e. Check my work =)

--
Alan Strawinski

http://alan.strawinski.net
Old September 1st 03, 05:56 PM
sideband

Alan:

Great attitude! I wish others in this newsgroup were as open to
differing opinions and corrections.

Stick around.

-SSB

Alan Strawinski wrote:

NeonHomer wrote in
:

Old September 1st 03, 11:47 PM
Alan Strawinski

sideband wrote in
gy.com:

Alan:

Great attitude! I wish others in this newsgroup were as open to
differing opinions and corrections.

Stick around.

-SSB

Thanks for the compliment!

I've posted here frequently before. I stopped reading the NG because I
was getting too caught up in the "who-hates-who" and "I-know-who-you-
really-are" politics. Though I didn't comment much on the subject
publicly, it was mentally taxing and depressing. Since that time, I've
come to realize that the choice to get caught up in group politics rests
solely with each individual. Anymore - I don't care who knows who, where
somebody lives, what so-and-so said 3 years ago and would rather not be
involved in any such activity. If anybody wants to know my feelings on
certain volitile subjects, they can ask. Note that anymore, I prefer to
praise in public and scold in private. If I have anything really negative
to say, it'll probably be in an email. Otherwise, I'd just as soon help
others when I can, and learn from others when I can't.

I respond to posts I think are interesting, and ignore the ones that bore
me. I enjoy the group alot more now. This NG - much like life - is full
of good and bad, isn't it? I ignore the bad stuff and enjoy the good
stuff

I'll try and stick around.

--
Alan Strawinski