Old July 10th 03, 12:54 AM
Bert Craig

Default Nice 11-meter Beacon

"Duh" wrote in message
. ..

"Bert Craig" wrote in message
"Frank Gilliland" wrote in message
In , Swan Radioman

wrote:

On Tue, 08 Jul 2003 18:35:39 -0700, Frank Gilliland
wrote:

In ,

(Bert
Craig) wrote:

http://www.dxring.net/11beacon.htm

Hmmm....

Modulation: USB w/carrier. Amplitude -90%, +150%
Audio: CW I.D. 'AOH' using tone freq. of 1750 Hz. at 7 WPM.

Wouldn't it be more efficient to just shift the carrier 1750 Hz and

run
A1
instead of A3H? Like, something on the order of 500% more efficient?

More efficient, but you couldn't receive it on AM

All the better.

I kinda agree with Frank here. The folks that'll likely take an interest

in
this are the 11-meter "hobbyists," 99.9% of whom operate SSB. I copied

some
(Approx. 15) Sugar Delta stations operating CWon ch. 38 USB a week or

so
back. Sounded like a contest, but what was particularly interesting was

that
they were working each other on USB while folks enjoyed fairly

interference
free voice on LSB. Strange world, eh? The ITU drops CW as a req. for HF

on
ham...while folks work CW on CB...go figure.

--
73 de Bert
WA2SI

Hey Bert, I know there is NO WAY hams could be elmering CBers to turn them
into hams, right? Well, at least after reading here, that's what one would
think.

;-)

All the time, I hope. BTW, many never mention that the larger 11-meter
groups are usually comprised of a good many hams as well. The CW I copied
was definitely SD's, so you're likely quite accurate. Take care now. ;-)

--
73 de Bert
WA2SI