Old July 26th 03, 02:48 AM
Brainbuster

valmont wrote in message ...

Using them causes splatter to those
on legal channels.

What a load of rubbish.
Are you really as stupid as your reply suggests - or are you just giving any
b*llsh*t in an attempt to scare someone?

Taking two examples:
Channel 3a = 26.995 MHz.
This is 10KHz from channel 3 and 10KHz from channel 4.
Channel 7a = 27.045 MHz.
This is 10KHz from channel 7 and 10KHz from channel 8.

The same 10KHz applies to all 5 of these "a" channels.
10KHz is the standard spacing between CB channels.

So, they will cause no more "splatter" than using any legal adjacent
channel.

Brainbuster.

Old July 26th 03, 07:40 AM
akc4life

"Brainbuster" wrote in message news:3f21e055.0@entanet...
valmont wrote in message ...

Using them causes splatter to those
on legal channels.

What a load of rubbish.
Are you really as stupid as your reply suggests -
or are you just giving any
b*llsh*t in an attempt to scare someone?

"Hey outlaws: some guy promoting following the rules? Never fear,
it's Brainbuster to the rescue! His mission: making sure illegal
operators feel good about themselves! hi-ho-silver!"

Taking two examples:
Channel 3a = 26.995 MHz.
This is 10KHz from channel 3 and 10KHz from channel 4.
Channel 7a = 27.045 MHz.
This is 10KHz from channel 7 and 10KHz from channel 8.

The same 10KHz applies to all 5 of these "a" channels.
10KHz is the standard spacing between CB channels.

In the case of two locals, one on channel 3 and one on channel
3a, I'd say the one operating *illegally* on 3a will definitely create
adjacent channel interference to the one operating legally. And did
you ever stop to consider that 3a (and the other "a" channels") are
allocated for non-voice use for a *reason*? A great number of RC toys
and model enthusiasts use those frequencies, and they have a right to
use them, while keyclowns don't.

So, they will cause no more "splatter" than using any legal adjacent
channel.

Poor Brainbuster and Twisty. You can't say that voice operation
on those channels is not illegal so all you can do is try to refocus
on semantic word games.

Brainbuster.

Brain Busted is more like it.....back to Birmingham with you.
Old July 31st 03, 07:24 AM
Brainbuster

akc4life wrote in message ...

"Hey outlaws: some guy promoting following the rules? Never fear,
it's Brainbuster to the rescue! His mission: making sure illegal
operators feel good about themselves! hi-ho-silver!"

The only "mission" here is for the TRUTH.

B*llsh*it doesn't fool anyone - it just makes the case for legal
operation look stupid. If you cannot promote legal use with
real facts - then just keep quiet.

Taking two examples:
Channel 3a = 26.995 MHz.
This is 10KHz from channel 3 and 10KHz from channel 4.
Channel 7a = 27.045 MHz.
This is 10KHz from channel 7 and 10KHz from channel 8.

The same 10KHz applies to all 5 of these "a" channels.
10KHz is the standard spacing between CB channels.

In the case of two locals, one on channel 3 and one on channel
3a, I'd say the one operating *illegally* on 3a will definitely create
adjacent channel interference to the one operating legally.

No more than the one operating LEGALLY on the other adjacent channel.
Are you suggesting that all adjacent channels should remain unused - giving
just 20 channels?

If, in the UK, we can fit FM CB within 10KHz spacing, you certainly should
fit AM CB in the same spacing. Work it out - what is the bandwith of an AM
voice transmission on CB?
Exactly - it should fit, unless there is another problem, such as severe
clipping, overdriving, etc.

If someone is splattering the adjacent channel, they will splatter whether
they are 10KHz away legally or illegally - 10KHz is 10KHz, regardless of
laws. So, they have another problem that needs sorting, or they will
continue to cause such splatter, whatever channel they use.

If you don't understand such basics, then go study - then come back and
argue with REAL facts.

And did you ever stop to consider that 3a (and the other "a" channels")
are allocated for non-voice use for a *reason*?

That was not the issue. You claimed that using a channel 10KHz
away would only cause splatter if that frequency was not legal to
use for CB... which was rubbish.

A great number of RC toys and model enthusiasts use those frequencies,

So, why did you not argue their rights, instead of giving BS?
Maybe you think that we should also avoid using the legal channels adjacent
to these RC frequencies - as we would splatter, and cause problems with
their reception.
Remember - 10KHz is still 10KHz, even if it is legal.

Poor Brainbuster and Twisty. You can't say that voice operation
on those channels is not illegal

Oh, yes I can...
Voice operation on those frequencies is not illegal.

Well, I cannot speak for America, but they can be legally used here in the
UK... without a licence.
The list of bands allowed includes "22.00 MHz - 29.99 MHz", but there is no
restriction on emission type - so voice is allowed.

However, if you wish to apply for a licence, you can use some decent power -
up to 100 Watts on certain HF frequencies, including 27.045MHz. Application
of a licence for this (and other listed, agreed spot frequencies) is just a
"formality". Other spot frequencies not listed would be considered,
although there is "little chance" of getting a licence for a HF frequency if
it is not in the list.

so all you can do is try to refocus
on semantic word games.

No, you told lies... we merely pointed out the fact. Either argue your
point with the truth, or give up.

As you will see, I had no problems with Frank's discussions about the use
of SSB as opposed to power, and even agree with his discussion about
the problems caused by speech processors.
But then, he was reasoning with facts - which makes a good argument.

I have also made it clear that I believe that better antennas are a better
way to increase performance. Using a gloryfied dummy load, then shoving
2KW through it is pointless.

Lies just make you look a desperate fool, with no real reason but anger.
But then, looking through the posts to this group, anger seems to be the
main driving force in many "akc" postings.
The anger, hatred, "gay" posts, and lies simply give you zero credibility.
If that doesn't bother you, then you have no real desire to make a
difference - just to destroy the newsgroup.

You cannot verbally beat people into submission - that never works, you
simply make people more stubborn to defy you. Either you are too stupid to
realise that (it is a principle taught to children from pre-nursery age), or
your real desire is just to Troll this newsgroup.

Brainbuster.

Old July 31st 03, 05:58 PM
akc4life

"Brainbuster" wrote in message news:3f28b760.0@entanet...
If, in the UK,

here in the UK

Sorry, we're not talking about "UK cb rules". They don't apply in the USA.

http://www.geocities.com/antitwisty/index.htm
Old August 4th 03, 01:33 AM
Brainbuster

akc4life wrote in message
. ..
"Brainbuster" wrote in message

No answer for the rest of the post, the real issues... huh.
Just a Troll.

The irony is you coming here to yank Yank's cranks

You are the one who is here to "yank cranks".
I came here because of an interest in CB... you are here out of anger and
hatred. If you attempt to make a post about CB, your lack of knowledge on
the subject becomes clear.

Typical troll... you think that those with an interest in the newsgroup
subject are trolls.
The crank here is you... and you need yanking.

Brainbuster.

Old August 7th 03, 06:31 AM
Phil Meehan

I am doing research into the history of Clandestine / Amateur / CB / Pirate
radio
in Indonesia. Could anyone give me some leads on where to look?

Phillip Meehan