Old July 19th 03, 03:40 PM
Shifs

Default Help-SWRs and Coax Cable Lengths

Greetings,
I'm installing a Uniden Grant CB with SSB and a 300 Watt Linear. I will
be using Dual Antennas. The CB will be mounted in the headliner and the
Linear under the Driver's seat. The Coax will have to be at a minimum of 10
feet from CB to Linear and a minimum of 10 feet from Linear to the Dual
Antennas. Any recommendations on the lengths of Coaxes or anything about
this setup.
Please send your reply to . Thanks for your time
in this matter.
Sincerely,
Jerry

Old July 19th 03, 06:25 PM
norman west

"Shifs" wrote in message . ..
Greetings,
I'm installing a Uniden Grant CB with SSB and a 300 Watt Linear. I will
be using Dual Antennas. The CB will be mounted in the headliner and the
Linear under the Driver's seat. The Coax will have to be at a minimum of 10
feet from CB to Linear and a minimum of 10 feet from Linear to the Dual
Antennas. Any recommendations on the lengths of Coaxes or anything about
this setup.
Please send your reply to . Thanks for your time
in this matter.
Sincerely,
Jerry

What I would do is to put your left foot in a bucket of salt water
before you drop the key down on the 300 watts... if that doesn't work,
then shave a spot on your head about 4 inches wide and put a small
salt water soaked sponge to the spot and drop the key again... that
should work great
Old July 19th 03, 09:17 PM
Scott Unit 69

Shifs wrote:

Greetings,
I'm installing a Uniden Grant CB with SSB and a 300 Watt Linear. I will
be using Dual Antennas. The CB will be mounted in the headliner and the
Linear under the Driver's seat. The Coax will have to be at a minimum of 10
feet from CB to Linear and a minimum of 10 feet from Linear to the Dual
Antennas. Any recommendations on the lengths of Coaxes or anything about
this setup.
Please send your reply to . Thanks for your time
in this matter.
Sincerely,
Jerry

The duals are a stupid idea. It is a waste of money. It only looks cool.

Bad reasons:
1) the two antennas need to be a quarter wave apart (8.5 feet)
2) you need a co-phase harness, two equal length pieces of 75 ohm coax
3) any length of 50 ohm coax will work to your splitter
4) you can never get the coveted 1:1 SWR in that setup.

Just get yourself a Wilson 1000 or something decent and be done with it.
You will thank me for that bit of info later.
Old July 25th 03, 05:02 AM
Unknown

Use 14' rg8x should give low SWR.

Old July 28th 03, 12:10 AM
Dave or Debby

Coax length means NUTHIN' ! Just use 3' incriments!
Dave!

"Scott Unit 69" wrote in message

Unknown wrote:

Use 14' rg8x should give low SWR.

Could you explain this to me? I'm fuzzy on that concept.

Old July 28th 03, 03:04 AM
serpent

On Sun, 27 Jul 2003 19:10:08 -0400, "Dave or Debby"
wrote:

Coax length means NUTHIN' ! Just use 3' incriments!
Dave!

Why use 3' increments? Coax length means NUTHIN.
Worthless hick, you can't even spell.
Too many thumps on the head from that bible?

Old July 28th 03, 09:38 PM
Scott Unit 69

Tell that to my Taiwan, R.O.C. PC-122 that works great
with 7 feet of coax in the mobile. The TS-250 likes it, too.

BTW, I'm still fuzzy on the concept of specific lengths of
50 ohm coax with 50 ohm radios and 50 ohm antennas.

Please enlighten me, Dave.

Old July 31st 03, 07:24 AM
Brainbuster

Scott Unit 69 wrote in message ...
Tell that to my Taiwan, R.O.C. PC-122 that works great
with 7 feet of coax in the mobile. The TS-250 likes it, too.

Try explaining that to the judge...
http://www.geocities.com/aarronvoobner/news.html#news3

;~)

Regards,