Old September 5th 03, 04:30 AM
Landshark

wrote in message ...
"Landshark" . wrote:
If "Aaron" was a real person, he could then
make a claim of defamation, but since he isn't
real, no defamation.

All this chatter about A's website, and yet no linkage!?!?

http://www.geocities.com/aarronvoobner/

--
GO #40

LOL!!! Sounds like to much natural
gas?????????

Landshark

--
Try these to learn about newsgroup trolls.

http://www.io.com/~zikzak/troll_thesis.html
http://members.aol.com/intwg/trolls.htm

Old September 5th 03, 04:44 AM

"Landshark" . wrote:
wrote in message
"Landshark" . wrote:
If "Aaron" was a real person, he could then
make a claim of defamation, but since he isn't
real, no defamation.

All this chatter about A's website, and yet no linkage!?!?

http://www.geocities.com/aarronvoobner/

--
GO #40

LOL!!! Sounds like to much natural
gas?????????

Landshark

That's what the old lady will say around 2 am or so. lol

I've got a fairly easy day tomorrow, mostly estimates. I
might wash it down with a Rolling Rock too. peeeeuuu!

10-4 (on topic now)

--
GO #40
Old September 5th 03, 05:38 AM

"Landshark" . wrote:
Time for me to hit the hay. 5am and then
take the Bronco back to the body shop to
finish it up. Got it running, new interior,
new paint, new seals, glass etc etc ready
to rock.

Landshark

Sounds good, Shark. We can decide where the antenna goes
next week.

--
GO #40
Old September 5th 03, 06:33 AM
Frank Gilliland

In , "Landshark"
. wrote:

snip
If "Aaron" was a real person, he could then
make a claim of defamation, but since he isn't
real, no defamation.

Would you please explain that to Twisty? She seems to have a real problem with
such simple concepts.

Old September 5th 03, 11:57 AM
Dave Hall

Landshark wrote:

BINGO!!!!!!!

So what is the moral to this story? If someone puts up a web site about
you that isn't true, should you:

A. Deny the accusations, and then be accused of "protesting too much",
thereby lending some implied credibility to the accusers?

If "Aaron" was a real person, he could then
make a claim of defamation, but since he isn't
real, no defamation.

I'm not sure that a legal case would be winnable, given the relative
anonymity of the internet.

B. Ignore it, and then have it implied that it must be true since no one
ever denied it?

Really? I thought it was inocent until proven
guilty, if it's not true, why worry.

That only applies in a court of law, not the court of public opinion.

But your point is well taken. It would seem that the people who complain
the loudest must be bothered by something, or had a nerve struck. In
this case, silence really is golden. Leave them guess.

Dave
"Sandbagger"

Old September 5th 03, 05:12 PM
Alan Strawinski

jim wrote in :

agreed. other than frank, who gives a rats ass about the mud being slung
on this obscure piece of usenet? any takers?

Certainly not me. I usually don't even read the mudslinging posts.

--
Alan Strawinski

http://alan.strawinski.net
Old September 5th 03, 11:14 PM

"Curious Dan" wrote:
wrote in message

You shouldnt eat steak this late Moped, it isnt good for your figure.

I know, I get kinda gassy after...my wife said the same thing too.

Too late though, it's almost done..i just have to kick it up
a notch..

--
GO #40

Ill tell you what you did that almost as good as Emril

BAM!!

--
GO #40
Old September 5th 03, 11:29 PM

Alan Strawinski wrote:
jim wrote in :

agreed. other than frank, who gives a rats ass about the mud being
slung on this obscure piece of usenet? any takers?

Certainly not me. I usually don't even read the mudslinging posts.

I only like positive thoughts.

--
GO #40