Old September 22nd 03, 10:15 PM
outbander

Default toroid combiner?

I have a palomar 5 pill with a cracked combiner toroid. The dimensions
..82 OD x .55 ID x .25 thick
This page seems to have what I'm looking for except I'm lost where it
says:
"To order specify core and mix."
Also I don't know if I should get ferrite or iron powder? Please help.
http://www.palomar-engineers.com/index.html

PS I already know it would be against FCC rules to use this amp at 27
MHz, so I won't respond to any replies about that.

Old September 23rd 03, 09:22 PM
Auctions croak here

(outbander) wrote in message . com...
I have a palomar 5 pill with a cracked combiner toroid. The dimensions
.82 OD x .55 ID x .25 thick
This page seems to have what I'm looking for except I'm lost where it
says:
"To order specify core and mix."
Also I don't know if I should get ferrite or iron powder? Please help.
http://www.palomar-engineers.com/index.html

PS I already know it would be against FCC rules to use this amp at 27
MHz, so I won't respond to any replies about that.

Combiner comshminer...typical retarded keyclown...it is an impedence
transformer...what an idiot.
Old September 23rd 03, 10:07 PM

On Mon, 22 Sep 2003 17:37:24 -0400, Radioman wrote:

Type 43 comes to mind, but I could be wrong.

I believe you are correct.

Old September 24th 03, 02:51 AM
outbander

(Auctions croak here) wrote in message . com...
(outbander) wrote in message . com...
I have a palomar 5 pill with a cracked combiner toroid. The dimensions
.82 OD x .55 ID x .25 thick
This page seems to have what I'm looking for except I'm lost where it
says:
"To order specify core and mix."
Also I don't know if I should get ferrite or iron powder? Please help.
http://www.palomar-engineers.com/index.html

PS I already know it would be against FCC rules to use this amp at 27
MHz, so I won't respond to any replies about that.

Combiner comshminer...typical retarded keyclown...it is an impedence
transformer...what an idiot.

Pardon me, oh master of RF amps, but on the schematic he
http://www.cbtricks.com/Amp/palomar/...ar_400_sch.pdf
the part is "L6, toroid combiner" and NOT T1, T2, T3, or T4 (impedence
transformers) or perhaps you already knew that?