Old October 22nd 03, 12:23 AM

Default cobra 29 echo/talkback dilema

hi all
i had a parts radio,,galaxy 33hml
so i took the echo board and installed it in my cobra 29 ltd st
installation went smoothly
but upon powering it up to test
i had the pa/cb switch in the pa position
i had my talkback speaker attached as well
with a wire in both ext speaker and pa jack's
well,,i keyed up,,a few times
then realised my mistake
upon switching to cb
talkback,,at full volume is bareley audable
so i tested the radio anyways
and it talked great
lots of good reports
loud and clear and good on the echo
figured maybe i killed talkback speaker when i keyed up in pa mode
have been wanting talkback mod in radio for some time
so for lack of my local radio shack having a pot 47-100 ohms
i went with a 25 ohm rheostat to try
well,,talkback is loud,,but can also be adjusted to comfortable level
but many complaints,,im too quiet now
is it possable due to the lower resistance i used
that more of "my"audio is going to support talkback,,than transmit
i am thinking of adding a 47 ohm resistor with the 25 ohm rheostat
giving me adjustable talkback from 47-72 ohms
right within the popular suggested range
or is it possable that keying up in pa mode
with talkback speaker plugged in could damage radio

sorry so long winded
but less details may not have gave egnough info
thanks in advance
don

Help!! Please help with this old Cobra Rig!! Mark CB 0 September 26th 03 09:30 PM
Cobra 19XS no TX or RX Alan Strawinski CB 7 September 15th 03 10:28 AM
WTB- COBRA 66 LTD WC3590 Equipment 0 July 30th 03 07:49 PM
WTB- COBRA 66 LTD WC3590 Equipment 0 July 30th 03 07:49 PM
WTB COBRA 66 LTD WC3590 CB 0 July 30th 03 07:47 PM