Old October 29th 03, 12:54 AM

Default galaxy 33hml transmit trouble

hey group
i have a galaxy that is driving me crazy,,its a 33 hml
it transmits fine for a few minutes
talkback audio is good
then during transmit they say i sound choppy
about this time,,receive goes choppy
if you continue to use it in hopes it gets better
it appears not to key up
as the meter does not move,,and folks cant hear you at all
keying the mic does allow audio through the talkback
but no transmit
any idea's folks
i have been over the solder joints numerous times
and am convinced they are good
unsoldered and re-soldered all questionable ones
seems to be more of a problem with use
such as a component heats up and fails
thanks for any advice
don

Old October 29th 03, 01:56 AM
Dave VanHorn

i have been over the solder joints numerous times
and am convinced they are good
unsoldered and re-soldered all questionable ones
seems to be more of a problem with use
such as a component heats up and fails
thanks for any advice
don

Have you checked the power supply voltage(s)?

Bad electrolytic caps can cause all sorts of havoc. They aren't necessarily
bad in a way that's easy to measure. High impedance, leaky, low value..

Old October 29th 03, 02:34 PM
Twistedhed

Geez, Dave,,your third ISP access to the group in less than 60
days...no wonder we haen't heard from you. Try to behave yourself this
time and not allow your anger to best you and get yourself into a spot
where your services are yanked for non-compliance of rules in place for
the good of all.
Other than that, best be winterizing that skiff of yours....the
Delaware River is no fun, but the Schuylkill (sp?) has it's moments.....

Old October 29th 03, 04:42 PM
Dave Hall

Twistedhed wrote:

Geez, Dave,,your third ISP access to the group in less than 60
days...no wonder we haen't heard from you. Try to behave yourself this
time and not allow your anger to best you and get yourself into a spot
where your services are yanked for non-compliance of rules in place for
the good of all.
Other than that, best be winterizing that skiff of yours....the
Delaware River is no fun, but the Schuylkill (sp?) has it's moments.....

I made a silent bet on how long it would take you to latch on to this
fact, and then twist it all out of proportion into something that has no
resemblence to the truth. I can see that you didn't dissapoint in that
regard. You obviously spend way too much time worrying about who
accesses the group in which manner. In other words, your priorities are
out of whack.

If you must know, yes, I have changed ISP's. I have decided to dump my 8
year old dial-up service, for one that services cable modems. The
benefits of such should be obvious. The final straw which pushed me over
the ledge, happened right after the hurricane hit last month (Though the
two events are not related). The news server that my ISP outsourced to,
had it's throughput drug down to a slow crawl. It literally took me 10
minutes just to download the message headers, and that was at T1 access
speeds. After speaking with a tech support guy at my ISP, who basically
had no control over the situation, and who stated that "yea, they're
aware of the problem, and they're working on it", and after nearly a
month of no improvement, I decided that it's time for a change.

My Worldlynx account is still good until February, and I can E-mail you
if you want proof that I'm still a user in good standing there.

I'm sure you'll accuse me of "lying" again, but it's of little
consequence to me, as is most of what's been going on here in this
newsgroup as of late. I will be participating in a greatly reduced
manner, as I have totally lost interest in the politics and personal
affronts involved in the legal/illegal battle. Like in this thread, I'll
offer up some technical or experience related comments to people asking
questions, but that's about it.

Dave
"Sandbagger"

Old October 29th 03, 06:04 PM
(Scott Unit 69)

Dave Hall wrote:
Twistedhed wrote:

[...]

Sorry your leaving Dave, but notice in all the mess that "twistedhed" is
the common denominator. If he were to leave the group would be 100% better.

Old October 29th 03, 06:33 PM
Dave Hall

(Scott Unit 69) wrote:

Dave Hall wrote:
Twistedhed wrote:

[...]

I never said that I was "leaving". I just don't want to get involved
anymore in the political bantering and posturing that seems to have all
but completely taken over this group. I have decided that I will only
participate in subjects that have value from either a technical, or a
nostalgic perspective.

While I have made my views clear with regard to the legal aspects of CB
radio, and the forces that, IMHO, are ruining the hobby, I can't stand
shoulder to shoulder with the people who are currently carrying the
torch for the cause. The behavior of these people is as bad as the
sociopaths who they're crusading against.

I agree with you on the who the common denominator is, and it's a shame
that he's getting the attention that he craves, but does not deserve.

Dave
"Sandbagger"

Old October 29th 03, 08:42 PM
Twistedhed

From: (Dave=A0Hall)
Twistedhed wrote:
=A0=A0Geez, Dave,,your third ISP access to the group in less than 60
days...no wonder we haen't heard from you. Try to behave yourself this
time and not allow your anger to best you and get yourself into a spot
where your services are yanked for non-compliance of rules in place for
the good of all.
=A0Other than that, best be winterizing that skiff of yours....the
Delaware River is no fun, but the Schuylkill (sp?) has it's moments.....
_
I made a silent bet on how long it would take

you to latch on to this fact,

_
Yea,,,,I'd figured you would,,,,it was part of the equation. It's
probably why you held back so long waiting to post. Those test posts
didn't work so well, eh?
_

and then twist it all out of proportion into

something that has no resemblence to the

truth.

_
Truth speaks for itself. It doesn't need defended nor explained.

I can see that you didn't dissapoint in that

regard. You obviously spend way too much

time worrying about who accesses the group

in which manner.

In other words, your priorities are out of

whack.

_
Actually, I am acutely aware and merely have fantastic memory and
recall,,,,,most of the time. That I happen to point such things out
shouldn't reduce you to personal insult, but then again, it doesn't take
much for you to start slinging personal muck these days, does it, Dave?
It's why you find yourself in the position you do.
The self-delusion you attempt to foster unto others, that you somehow
are self-qualified to make miraculous, medicinal internet diagnoses
based upon the
information one permits you, is astoundingly curious,,,'tisn't my
priorities that need questioning. Introspection is in order,
grasshoppah.

_

If you must know, yes, I have changed ISP's.

_
?..umm,,.. no question indicated.
_

[...]

Nah,,no need at all. But if you're in a generous mode of "proving" such
things,,,there are still a few questions remaining unanswered regarding
some past claims by yourself, but hey, what the hell,,,I don't hold
grudges, and no need to dig all that up again..unless, you're feeling
generous, of course.
_
I'm sure you'll accuse me of "lying" again, but

it's of little consequence to me, as is most of

what's been going on here in this newsgroup

as of late. I will be participating in a greatly

reduced manner,

_
Most do after being zapped a time or two. Your crew (arron's boyz) are
the exception.
_

as I have totally lost interest in the politics and

personal affronts involved in the legal/illegal

battle. Like in this thread, I'll offer up some

technical or experience related comments to

people asking questions, but that's about it.

Dave

"Sandbagger"

_
No more unsubstantiated claims that turn personal and hostile when they
are questioned? Put 'er there, man!
Damn, well, then, we both have radios and we both have boats........and
we both dislike each other's football teams. Bucs are falling apart..too
much infighting. Time for the 'pile to take another championship,,excuse
me while I prep for the Hurricane repeat.

Old October 29th 03, 08:47 PM
Twistedhed

From: =A0=A0 "(Scott Unit 69)" Sender: =A0=A0
"(Scott Unit 69)" Reply to: =A0=A0 "(Scott Unit
69)" Subject: =A0=A0 galaxy 33hml transmit
trouble Group: =A0=A0 rec.radio.cb X-User-Info: =A0=A0 172.129.43.245
X-

Sorry your leaving Dave,

_
He's not leaving. Don't worry, you will continue to have another or two
that will always share your deficit. You know feeling all alone and
isolated terrifies you....
_

but notice in all the

mess that "twistedhed" is the common

denominator.

_
You have been pushing that for some years now,,LOL.
_
If he were to leave the group would be 100%

better.

_
That too,,,,look, if you really want me gone, put your money where your
mouth is..LOL. For the right price, I can disappear and never point out
your long-standing impotences again.

Yeasu ATAS-120 trouble WG Antenna 1 September 26th 04 03:58 PM
export cb radios I Am Not George Policy 12 March 30th 04 12:44 PM
Truckers on 10 meters not a problem Twistedhed Policy 8 March 26th 04 02:07 AM
FT100 VS FT 857 fan noise in transmit?? Steven L Umbach Equipment 0 November 24th 03 09:35 PM
galaxy 33hml problems don CB 0 July 16th 03 12:48 AM