Old November 12th 03, 02:04 AM
Darren418

Radioman wrote in message ...
Yahoo's site is pretty good, are there others I should consider? I'm
not a dealer, just an ordinary ham wanting to get a fair price for my
prized HR2600.

If you prize it so much, why are you selling it?

By the way, thanks everyone for their responses. I think I'll go
ahead and post it on eham and qrz and skip this whole auction thing
altogether. When I post it for sale, I'll post a link here so
everyone can look it up.

Thanks again.

Darren
W5DKE
Old November 12th 03, 03:26 AM
I've been spammed!

Idiots just can't get that point through their heads. Damned, if an open
auction
doesn't define fairness... nothing else does.

"SouthDakotaRadio" wrote in message
In article ,
(Richard Cranium) writes:

If you "want a fair price", post it For Sale in any of these groups.
The fact that you want to auction it suggests that you want more than
a fair price.

Rubbish. An auction is the best way to get a fair price because the free
market is allowed to deterimine the value. What could be fairer than

that?

Old November 12th 03, 04:40 AM
Harry

Richard Cranium wrote:

"A couple of dozen at best"? How do you figure that? Do you have any
clue? If that's true, why did you ask your question here?

What a pinhead

Old November 12th 03, 11:07 AM
Mark Russo

Ebay is a wonderful thing most of the time.
Yes, you get the most cash from whatever you sell (most of the time).
Ebay is watched all over the world and if someone really wants to
spend more than you might think is a fair price, well, it's up to
them. It's called free enterprise. I look at some of the high
prices and shake my head, but If an item is wanted bad enough,
make it so. Who is to say what an item is worth to somebody looking
for it.
ALSO, these newsgroups are nice to find stuff too, BUT, You have no
recourse if something goes wrong. Like what happens if you pay for
something and you never get it? Or if is not working as described?
Or it's beat up and not mint like the posting says? You're screwed.
True, most hams are honest but there are some chumps also.
At least on Ebay there are actions that can be done. Also, using
paypal to pay for something is great. Yes it cost a very small amount
but if you don't get your item and the seller does not have any proof
that he sent it Paypal can and does get your money back from the
sellers account.
73

Old November 12th 03, 11:14 AM
Mark Russo

BTW, Ebay is so large that they usually do not go out of their way to
look for items to ban. What usually happens is some dirtbags out
there look for these radios and amps and e-mail ebay. Then "poof"
your auction is ended. Even though there is nothing illegal with the
item. Ebay is making way to much money to let a legal radio (or
whatever) that someone "might" modify" to be sold on their system.
They seem to be afraid of repercussions down the road.
-------------
With all ebays money how come they are afraid to have a telephone??
----------------

On 10 Nov 2003 23:01:48 -0800, (Darren418)
wrote:

I am not a regular user of eBay, so needless to say, I was quite
surprised when my HR2600 was banned. I emailed eBay and they
basically said the HR2600 has been deemed by the FCC to be an illegal
radio since it's used frequently for out-of-band pirate operation.
Since I am a licensed ham, bought the radio legally from another ham,
and have always operated it legally, I can't see how they can ban
these radios (other than the fact that they can because it's their
auction site and I know this trumps fairness).

So my question, is what is the best alternative auction site for those
10 meter ham refugees who have been banished from eBay? I've heard
Yahoo's site is pretty good, are there others I should consider? I'm
not a dealer, just an ordinary ham wanting to get a fair price for my
prized HR2600.

Thanks in advance for your advice and suggestions.

Darren
W5DKE

Old November 12th 03, 01:53 PM
Richard Cranium

Harry wrote in message ...
Richard Cranium wrote:

"A couple of dozen at best"? How do you figure that? Do you have any
clue? If that's true, why did you ask your question here?

What a pinhead

Pinhead? I guess you are.

Prove me wrong: Post it For Sale here. You'll get a "fair price".

But you didn't answer the question: How can you claim that you'll only
get "a couple of dozen at best"? A "couple of dozen" would only be the
flamers and trolls!
Old November 13th 03, 02:53 PM
Darren418

OK, everyone, as promised, I finally posted my radio on QRZ.com and
www.eham.com. Price is $225 or best offer. Go to either of those
sites and check out the description and photo.

Thanks again to everyone who helped me with advice. Much appreciated.

Darren
W5DKE