Old November 14th 03, 05:37 AM
Darren418

The Hamprice info is really neat. I saved the document for future
reference. I figure then that my radio is priced just about right
considering it comes with a pretty much new $50 aftermarket amplified
mike, and the Chipswitch enhanced microprocessor which is about $100
installed. Throw in a 2510 service manual and two mounting brackets,
and I figure all these extras have to be worth at least $75 over the
Hamprice price (which is presumably for just the basic radio).

It's been years since I've sold any equipment, so one variable I don't
know about is what the overall market conditions are like right now,
but since Hamprice says all their #'s are since March 2003, it's
obviously not too bad.

And yes, I've heard the 706 tends to get clobbered by intermod on 2
meters, but since I use it for a base radio and I live in an extremely
quiet location, that's not a concern for me. In fact the main
intended use for my new 706 is to monitor 2 meter SSB for band
openings.

Radioman wrote in message ...
Yahoo's site is pretty good, are there others I should consider? I'm
not a dealer, just an ordinary ham wanting to get a fair price for my
prized HR2600.

From the current Hamprice document:
HR2600 10M ALL MODE 153, 142, 135, 103

More info on Hamprice at:

If you prize it so much, why are you selling it?

I bought an Icom 706 MKIIG and when the wife found out she, well,
insisted I sell the HR2600.

Those things don't like to be around radio towers. 2 meters is useless
when the tower is a half mile away.

Old November 17th 03, 02:12 AM
Darren418

BTW, Ebay is so large that they usually do not go out of their way to
look for items to ban. What usually happens is some dirtbags out
there look for these radios and amps and e-mail ebay. Then "poof"
your auction is ended. Even though there is nothing illegal with the
item. Ebay is making way to much money to let a legal radio (or
whatever) that someone "might" modify" to be sold on their system.
They seem to be afraid of repercussions down the road.
-------------
With all ebays money how come they are afraid to have a telephone??
----------------

Funny thing is that I've spotted quite a few HR2600's on eBay both
before and since I tried posting my radio. And no, I didn't email
eBay about them nor am I going to post the links to the items (if the
radio police want to, they can just search eBay to find them). One
that has been up for several days even proudly advertises its
Chipswitch mod that covers CB. Ummm, can you say "selective
enforcement?"
Old November 18th 03, 04:34 AM
Darren418

(AntiKeyclown) wrote in message . com...
(Darren418) wrote in message . com...
[...]

Selective enforcement is ebay's right. You can't accept that.
Solution: get off ebay. Duhhhh.

I'm done with this whole affair now that I've sold the HR2600 radio in
question. A very educational and actually quite interesting
discussion this has been. In closing I'd just like to say that there
are still very many hams out there who have lent me a helping hand
with many constructive comments. I've received quite a few emails
from hams genuinely trying to help me with my questions. Thank You.
There have also been a few (I don't know if they are hams or not since
the dissenters usually won't post their callsigns) who have voiced
their opinions as well. Thank You for those opinions also. It's
helped me understand what all the fuss is about and the roots of the
militant anti-freebanders. AND is a celebration of free speech. I
say let it roll everybody and let's try to learn as much as we can
from one another. But remember the old saying "divide and conquor."
There's not that many people coming into any form of radio hobby
anymore, and all the in-fighting will help no one in the end, when we
wake up and all our radio spectrum has been taken from all of us.
Let's pick our battles carefully. To the freebanders, I say get your
ham license, to the hams I say open your hearts and minds to everyone
who shows an interest in radio and being a good operator, including
more than a few freebanders who fall in this category. And together
we might just get the 11 meter band back. At the very least we'll
protect the spectrum we've got.

73

Darren
W5DKE

Old November 18th 03, 01:52 PM
AntiKeyclown

(Richard Cranium) wrote in message . com...
[...]

Wrong again. eBay is a business and their business is connecting
sellers and potential buyers. You can't accept that. Solution, stop
being a Anti Girl. Duhhhh.

Fagboy...if you run a business you have the right to refuse service.
Go eat a throbbing dripping boner, you localnet fag.