Old December 18th 03, 12:07 AM
Frank Gilliland

In Cb4Eb.583874$Fm2.541713@attbi_s04, "Donald Sherwood"
wrote:

I would suggest getting your amateur radio license, where you can use some
other bandwidth with less interference and use power when needed. That and
there are some other tricks for that type of long distance communication.

I can't believe some of these yahoos on here, babbling there little NG
jibberish. Frank what the hell is wrong with you, what is that crap you
posted? Nobody cares about it and it seems it doesn't pertain to the
question.

Hey look, we have a new Newsgroup Moderator!

Thanks for the feedback, Channel-Master Donald, but I think I just keep on
replying to posts the way I see fit, even if I happen to misunderstand the
original post. Does that work for you? I hope so, because I certainly don't want
to cause you any more personal grief.

=============

"...but I admitted I was wrong, Like a man! Something you and QRM
have a problem with. You guys are wrong and you both know it and
are both too small to admit it."
---- Twistedhed ----

Old December 18th 03, 12:32 AM
Steveo

Frank Gilliland wrote:
In , Steveo
wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote:
In ,
(Citizens For A Keyclown-Free Newsgroup)
wrote:

Frank Gilliland wrote in message
In ,
(Matt) wrote:

hi all

ok i know nothing at all about CB radio....but here is my
situation

Im an australian guy, just taken a job in vietnam, ho chi minh
city. my girlfriend is in hong kong, my family in australia

vietnam has ridiculously expensive IDD and ridiculously expensive
broadband - so kinda rules out long phone calls and voice chats
online.

so thinking about CB radio

Why? You have a great opportunity to experience a different culture
that's both modern and ancient. Take advantage of your time and
don't waste it on something so trivial as CB radio. Try the bun
tom, go home, -then- get on the radio and tell everyone about it.

I think he mighta been asking if CB can cover the distance to Hong
Kong or Australia so he can chat with his family in which case CB is
a definite no.

My bad. I must have been waiting for the coffee when I wrote that
reply.

Very possible at 6:05 am Pacific.

And I slept in this morning -- I'm up at 2:30 am while I'm working this
shift.

Tell me about it, I've been busy with salt and snow, and that doesn't
come with a set shift either. Plus I've been sandblasting a tow behind salt
spreader that I picked up for cheap, getting it ready for paint,
in my -spare- time.

Coffee could be any hour over here.

Old December 18th 03, 12:42 PM
Frank Gillinad

From: =A0=A0 Frank Gilliland Group: =A0=A0
rec.radio.cb Subject: =A0=A0 Turn on those radios Date: =A0=A0 Wed,
Dec 3, 2003, 2:09pm (EST-3) X-Trace: =A0=A0 corp.newsgroups.com
1070489501 216.64.140.90 (3 Dec 2003 16:11:41 -0600) X-Comments: =A0=A0
This message was posted through A href X-Comments2: =A0=A0 IMPORTANT:
Newsfeed.com does not condone, X-Report: =A0=A0 Please report illegal or
inappropriate use to X-Comments3: =A0=A0 A href
=3D"http://www.newsgroups.com"Visit Organization: =A0=A0 Newsfeeds.com
http://www.newsfeeds.com 100,000+ UNCENSORED Newsgroups.
. BTW, did you notice he has Comcast in his

headers?

http://www.newsfeeds.com
_
Turn on those radios
Group: rec.radio.cb Date: Wed, Dec 3, 2003, 2:11pm (EST-3) From:
(Frank=A0Gilliland) In
, Frank Gilliland
wrote:
snip

=A0=A0BTW, did you notice he has Comcast in

his headers?

I see that you did.

-----=3D=3D Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =3D-----

_
LOL,,,keep denying and lying, Frank. the rest of the ng's stock goes
through the roof each time you speak..LOL. C'mon Gilliland,,,,,tell us
how another is responsible for your habitual and habitual
lie...LOL...scream to the world how "twist" is singlehandedly
responsible for your misery and for pointing out your lie on top of
lies....hyuk! Go ahead, Frank,,,,,blame your quotes above on Scott
again....hahahah!

Old December 19th 03, 02:04 AM
Matt

hey matt, what kind of work do you do???

thanks for the responses - seems like that is a dead end, and getting
to amateur radio a little too hardcore for me and my gf - i really
couldnt see her studying up for the license!

I work in marketing.
Old December 19th 03, 06:54 AM
Donald Sherwood

Actually I have been around. New? No. Just listen alot more than post. But
it just amazes me the class of trash that hangs out to post such drivel and
argue over such stupid stuff.

I gave the CB Bandwidth and the NG a rest for a while. I had enough annoying
people to be around at Fluke. That last thing I wanted was to be annoyed by
a bunch of retard waterheads on the airwaves. I pop back up in the NG and
answer a couple questions. Which in the end it seems most threads end in a
couple baboons trying sling their little e-penis, argueing over childish
crap. You know what they say about arguing in NG's, So I need not repeat
myself.

Obviously you felt the need to reply, so if the shoe fits, wear it. I choose
most of the time not to even click on the troll threads. Seems it must just
be more fun argueing over the net than on the airwaves anymore.

But what I was pointing out was the nonsese, you just seem to take notice,
why is that? If your not a bozo on the NG, then you shouldn't need to reply
to my comment. But for some odd reason you felt compelled to respone, why is
that? Oh I know that is cause I must be "New Newsgroup Moderator". Yeah
thats it I'm new to and maybe thinking you can bash on me will make you some
how feel more manly. Well keep on, keepin on. I wish you the best of luck
and good day to you sir.

Old December 19th 03, 10:15 AM
Frank Gilliland

In _gxEb.427618$ao4.1361709@attbi_s51, "Donald Sherwood"
wrote:

Actually I have been around. New? No. Just listen alot more than post. But
it just amazes me the class of trash that hangs out to post such drivel and
argue over such stupid stuff.

snip

There's your problem -- you say that you have been reading all this time, but
you haven't learned a damned thing. I misread the original post, yet for some
reason you felt it was your duty to chastise me for my reply. Just for kicks,
why don't you go back and read my dreadful words again. What was so bad about
suggesting someone put less interest in CB radio and more interest in a unique
opportunity to learn a different culture? Nothing. Go preach your sactimonious
presumptions somewhere else, dumbass.