RadioBanter

-   -   Cobra 139 XLR (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/30614-cobra-139-xlr.html)

Sarge December 19th 03 08:25 AM

Cobra 139 XLR

Anyone know how to strap it ( mod to boost output) ?

Radioman December 19th 03 08:14 PM

Sarge wrote:

Anyone know how to strap it ( mod to boost output) ?

Hook Charlie Hugg's amp to it.

Any boost from the radio will only be noticed on YOUR meter.
The person on the other end will wonder why you sound like sh!t...

siroblivion. December 20th 03 02:00 PM

"Sarge" wrote in message
Anyone know how to strap it ( mod to boost output) ?

Remove ALC - Part # R-132

Sarge December 20th 03 09:15 PM

"siroblivion." wrote in message
m...

"Sarge" wrote in message
Anyone know how to strap it ( mod to boost output) ?

Remove ALC - Part # R-132

thank you, sir. Any idea what increase you get?

Steveo December 20th 03 11:15 PM

"CBM" wrote:
Live it alone, like was said , will not help on the receiving end, if you
need a difference use a amp.

Good advice.

Sarge December 21st 03 12:31 AM

"CBM" wrote in message
Live it alone, like was said , will not help on the receiving end, if you
need a difference use a amp.

got an amp but need to kick it harder. I have plenty recieve. Working off an
inverted V.

Steveo December 21st 03 12:38 AM

"Sarge" wrote:
"CBM" wrote in message
Live it alone, like was said , will not help on the receiving end, if
you need a difference use a amp.

got an amp but need to kick it harder. I have plenty recieve. Working off
an inverted V.

How directional is it? ;)

Donald Sherwood December 21st 03 08:02 AM

I agree leave it alone, unless you know what your doing. Even then just
Yanking out Mod. Limiter will just increase your spurious emissions
(Splatter) Increase.
--
1991 Tornado Red Corrado, CCA Mem # 6645
Stereo is a continuous W.I.P.

There are two parts to wisdom:
1) Having a lot to say, and
2) Not saying it.

Sarge December 21st 03 11:04 PM

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Sarge" wrote:
"CBM" wrote in message
Live it alone, like was said , will not help on the receiving end, if
you need a difference use a amp.

got an amp but need to kick it harder. I have plenty recieve. Working

off
an inverted V.

How directional is it? ;)

figures out to be about 80% forward lobe.