Old December 20th 03, 02:06 PM
sideband

Default I'm home for awhile....

....mostly because Bambi lived, and I should have ran the ****er over.

Wrecked the truck last night. For those who care, I'm fine, the truck
just needs a new front axle and a drive wheel. Tires are OK, though.

Just thought you all should know.

73 de SSB

Old December 20th 03, 02:30 PM
Landshark

"sideband" wrote in message
gy.com...
...mostly because Bambi lived, and I should have ran the ****er over.

Wrecked the truck last night. For those who care, I'm fine, the truck
just needs a new front axle and a drive wheel. Tires are OK, though.

Just thought you all should know.

73 de SSB

Bummer dude, glad that you're ok. I'll bet
you wish that there would be venison for
Christmas dinner.

Landshark

Merry Christmas!

Old December 20th 03, 02:35 PM
sideband

That is NO lie.
ended up in a ditch, almost on my side, but somehow I managed to keep
it on the wheels.. The front axle broke away, hit one of the fuel
tanks....

But, on a happy note, I'm not hurt, Bambi will be in my crosshairs,
and all the radios came through the accident just fine, including my
old Grant... so all is not lost.

-SSB

Landshark wrote:

gy.com...

Old December 20th 03, 03:40 PM
Train

Glad to hear you are ok. You probably did learn a good lesson from this
though. You HAVE insurance for a reason! Most people end up with more damage
from AVOIDING animals in the road than if they just stay the path and hit
the little (or big) ****ers. Moose and elk are still something that SHOULD
be maneuvered around though.
Train
gy.com...

Old December 20th 03, 07:40 PM
Steveo

sideband wrote:
...mostly because Bambi lived, and I should have ran the ****er over.

Wrecked the truck last night. For those who care, I'm fine, the truck
just needs a new front axle and a drive wheel. Tires are OK, though.

Just thought you all should know.

73 de SSB

SOB! Glad you're ok man. Strange thing, I almost hit 3 deer at
once at 4 this morning..just missed the herd!

They're on the move. How long you gonna be down?

Old December 20th 03, 10:13 PM
sideband

Dunno.. Need a fuel tank, a new front axle (the ditch ripped it off
the truck and bent it to ****), and an alignment, not to mention work
on the 5th wheel, etc...

Hopefully only down for the holidays... kinda nice to take a break
while I "have" to...

-SSB

Old December 20th 03, 10:34 PM
Steveo

sideband wrote:
Dunno.. Need a fuel tank, a new front axle (the ditch ripped it off
the truck and bent it to ****), and an alignment, not to mention work
on the 5th wheel, etc...

Hopefully only down for the holidays... kinda nice to take a break
while I "have" to...

-SSB

Yea, you almost ran over Rudolph. Good timing.

Frame ok?
Old December 21st 03, 03:00 PM
Keith Hosman

On Sat, 20 Dec 2003 14:06:24 GMT, sideband wrote:

...mostly because Bambi lived, and I should have ran the ****er over.

Wrecked the truck last night. For those who care, I'm fine, the truck
just needs a new front axle and a drive wheel. Tires are OK, though.

Just thought you all should know.

73 de SSB

Sorry to hear about the accident, but glad you are ok. At least you'll
be home some and be able to relax and play radio and enjoy some of the
holiday season.

73 de Keith

Happy Holidays
--
KC8TCQ
ARRL Member - ARES
Old December 22nd 03, 08:18 PM
Brainbuster

sideband wrote in message ...
...mostly because Bambi lived, and I should have ran the ****er over.

Wrecked the truck last night. For those who care, I'm fine, the truck
just needs a new front axle and a drive wheel. Tires are OK, though.

Bummer.
Oh well, make the most of it. Relax and enjoy Christmas.
And, when you get back on the road... even the score.

Merry Christmas.

Peter.

Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #668 Tedd Mirgliotta Dx 0 July 11th 04 07:57 PM
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #668 Tedd Mirgliotta Dx 0 July 11th 04 07:57 PM
Ohio/Penn DX Bulletin #668 Tedd Mirgliotta General 0 July 11th 04 07:57 PM
New Home Brew Store GTS Homebrew 20 November 23rd 03 10:29 AM
New Home Brew Store GTS Homebrew 0 November 13th 03 12:14 AM