Old January 10th 04, 01:33 AM
jim

Default # of divisions

lets hear how many divisions one has confirmed. about 88 here but i'm
sure there are some bucket mouths pushing a buck and a half...

Old January 10th 04, 01:38 AM
Steveo

jim wrote:
lets hear how many divisions one has confirmed. about 88 here but i'm
sure there are some bucket mouths pushing a buck and a half...

Divisions?
Old January 10th 04, 01:47 AM
Pat E. Duke

Steveo wrote
jim wrote:
lets hear how many divisions one has
confirmed. about 88 here but i'm
sure there are some bucket mouths
pushing a buck and a half...

Divisions?

divisions I think are sections of the globe that
outbanders and freeloaders and other illegal
pirates use that imitate the ITU callsign zones
that real ham radio operators go by. Since
the freebanders are outlaws they cannot really
confirm anything since they are breaking the
law so any confirmation is a joke you never
know who you are talking to because it
is all illegal communications.

WT9Z

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Article poste via Voila News - http://www.news.voila.fr
Le : Sat Jan 10 02:47:16 2004 depuis l'IP : ac88dab6.ipt.aol.com [VIP 532284301978]
Old January 10th 04, 01:50 AM
Steveo

Pat E. Duke wrote:
Steveo wrote
jim wrote:
lets hear how many divisions one has
confirmed. about 88 here but i'm
sure there are some bucket mouths
pushing a buck and a half...

Divisions?

divisions I think are sections of the globe that
outbanders and freeloaders and other illegal
pirates use that imitate the ITU callsign zones
that real ham radio operators go by. Since
the freebanders are outlaws they cannot really
confirm anything since they are breaking the
law so any confirmation is a joke you never
know who you are talking to because it
is all illegal communications.

WT9Z

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Article poste via Voila News - http://www.news.voila.fr
Le : Sat Jan 10 02:47:16 2004 depuis l'IP : ac88dab6.ipt.aol.com [VIP
532284301978]

Oh like QSL cards? ****, I have boxes of those. I never
broke them down to 'divisions' tho. Did I miss anything?
Old January 10th 04, 02:01 AM
jim

Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

lets hear how many divisions one has confirmed. about 88 here but i'm
sure there are some bucket mouths pushing a buck and a half...

Divisions?

sorry, there are some posters here who work international dx and exchange
qsl cards. a division is a particular number given to a country like 1 is
italy, 2 us, 3 brazil etc. the alfa tango web site provides the
numbers/countires list. no i am not an at member now, though i used to be.

Old January 10th 04, 02:14 AM
Steveo

jim wrote:
Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

lets hear how many divisions one has confirmed. about 88 here but i'm
sure there are some bucket mouths pushing a buck and a half...

Divisions?

sorry, there are some posters here who work international dx and exchange
qsl cards. a division is a particular number given to a country like 1 is
italy, 2 us, 3 brazil etc. the alfa tango web site provides the
numbers/countires list. no i am not an at member now, though i used to
be.

My bad, I have the cards but never did the division thing.

Learn something everytime I read this board.
Old January 10th 04, 02:26 AM
jim

Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

lets hear how many divisions one has confirmed. about 88 here but i'm
sure there are some bucket mouths pushing a buck and a half...

Divisions?

sorry, there are some posters here who work international dx and exchange
qsl cards. a division is a particular number given to a country like 1 is
italy, 2 us, 3 brazil etc. the alfa tango web site provides the
numbers/countires list. no i am not an at member now, though i used to
be.

My bad, I have the cards but never did the division thing.

Learn something everytime I read this board.

the northern latitude folks like ourselves have a fairly difficult time
working the dx. closer to the equator the better the chances.

Old January 10th 04, 02:39 AM
Steveo

jim wrote:
Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

lets hear how many divisions one has confirmed. about 88 here but i'm
sure there are some bucket mouths pushing a buck and a half...

Divisions?

sorry, there are some posters here who work international dx and
exchange qsl cards. a division is a particular number given to a
country like 1 is italy, 2 us, 3 brazil etc. the alfa tango web site
provides the numbers/countires list. no i am not an at member now,
though i used to be.

My bad, I have the cards but never did the division thing.

Learn something everytime I read this board.

the northern latitude folks like ourselves have a fairly difficult time
working the dx. closer to the equator the better the chances.

Oh so I should ignore those down under cards?

--
When the gun smoke settles we’ll sing a victory tune and
We’ll all meet back, at the local saloon - Toby/Willie
Old January 10th 04, 03:00 AM
jim

Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

lets hear how many divisions one has confirmed. about 88 here but i'm
sure there are some bucket mouths pushing a buck and a half...

Divisions?

sorry, there are some posters here who work international dx and
exchange qsl cards. a division is a particular number given to a
country like 1 is italy, 2 us, 3 brazil etc. the alfa tango web site
provides the numbers/countires list. no i am not an at member now,
though i used to be.

My bad, I have the cards but never did the division thing.

Learn something everytime I read this board.

the northern latitude folks like ourselves have a fairly difficult time
working the dx. closer to the equator the better the chances.

Oh so I should ignore those down under cards?

nah 41, 43 div's are good folks. tough to get those islands off of
new zealand. worked cook island but no card

Old January 10th 04, 03:05 AM
Steveo

jim wrote:
Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

lets hear how many divisions one has confirmed. about 88 here but
i'm sure there are some bucket mouths pushing a buck and a half...

Divisions?

sorry, there are some posters here who work international dx and
exchange qsl cards. a division is a particular number given to a
country like 1 is italy, 2 us, 3 brazil etc. the alfa tango web site
provides the numbers/countires list. no i am not an at member now,
though i used to be.

My bad, I have the cards but never did the division thing.

Learn something everytime I read this board.

the northern latitude folks like ourselves have a fairly difficult time
working the dx. closer to the equator the better the chances.

Oh so I should ignore those down under cards?

nah 41, 43 div's are good folks. tough to get those islands off of
new zealand. worked cook island but no card

Please send me the division codes.