RadioBanter

-   -   Suspected "keyclowns" declared innocent... (https://www.radiobanter.com/cb/31091-suspected-%22keyclowns%22-declared-innocent.html)

Landshark February 23rd 04 02:41 PM

"Steveo" wrote in message
"Landshark" wrote:
"jim" wrote in message
mine started already. off to rhode island for the w/e....

Mine too. Heading off to Tahoe for the
Mac fishing trip tomorrow morning, with a
couple of friends.

Landshark

Rock on, Shark, that place is cool. I'd like to go there one
of these years.. my outlaws love it.

Yeah, I like it too. Family has a place up there
so cost is only gas. We limited out on Mackinaw, busted
on the gambling, but had a great time fishing & gabling
in the snow.

Landshark

--
Hard things are put in our way,
not to stop us, but to call out our

Twistedhed February 23rd 04 03:30 PM

From: (Bra=ECnbuster)
Twistedhed wrote in message
... My weekends are
long,,,I go out for bait on Thursdays to last me thru Sunday.

_
I have a similar thing here... I usually go out

for a month of shopping on a friday... so it will

last the children over the weekend. This week

they were off school, so the shopping day was
brought forward.

Clearly, when Jesus fed the 5000 with just the

odd fish and loaf - they were not 5000

children.

Regards.

Peter.

=A0

=A0Hahahahah,,I KNOW you're right....mine have all left the nest, but I
can relate to the days when a few hundred dollars worth of groceries
with kids could last a few days,...,and that's if you're fortunate.
There's still some good ol' bartering going on at some local
markets.....a truckload of vegetables swapped for a truckload of fruit,
etc,..with the prices of fresh fruit and fresh veggies (which aren't
really fresh at all, in addition to being loaded with insecticides and
all kinds of other nasty sh*t, unless you buy organic or irradiated and
then you're spending even MORE) it's cheaper to grow your own these
days. Just about the only fruit we buy at the store are South American
bananas and Chilean grapes,,eveything else is Florida fresh from our
backyards, groves, or stands. Betcha this state throws away enough
grapefruit each year to feed several small countries.

Braìnbuster February 26th 04 07:16 AM

[...]

some use tricks such as soaking the fruit in water to increase the
weight, so you're buying water. The same is done with meat, they have
special machines to roll the meat in - and even add other meats to chicken.
In tests, chicken coming from one EU country was found to contain other
meats, while being marked OK for those who cannot touch such meats.

Just think, if soaking in water worked with CBs, you could put a small
GE in a bucket for a couple of hours... and pull it out as a Madison.

Regards.

Peter.

Twistedhed February 26th 04 08:17 PM

some use tricks such as soaking the fruit in

water to increase the weight, so you're buying

water. The same is done with meat, they have
special machines to roll the meat in - and even
add other meats to chicken. In tests, chicken

coming from one EU country was found to

contain other meats, while being marked OK

for those who cannot touch such meats.

Just think, if soaking in water worked with

CBs, you could put a small GE in a bucket for

a couple of hours... and pull it out as a

Madison.

Regards.

Peter.

_

Yea,,I've even seen a place that offers vegan food, but fried some of
the specials in the same grease in which they cooked all their
food,,,yep,,,guess where the grease came from?
Talk about the Madison,,,I have seen a trend toward physically bigger
radios again,,especially base stations, but even the drivers are getting
Lincolns and bigger mobiles.

Braìnbuster February 28th 04 07:12 AM

Twistedhed wrote in message

Talk about the Madison,,,I have seen a trend toward physically
bigger radios again,,especially base stations, but even the drivers
are getting Lincolns and bigger mobiles.

Over this side of the pond, the Jumbos were quite a cult radio. I
think that the attraction may have been the diagram on the top,
handles on the sides, and the size of the thing. It was so big, it
just had to be powerful :~)
For such a big radio, with SSB, the PSU seemed pretty poor.
I remember the early ones having terrible FM audio, you
could tell people who were using them or the early Multimodes. They
may as well have shouted out on all the channels, "I use an illegal
CB, and I vote"... or something like that.

Regards.

Peter.

Twistedhed March 1st 04 02:15 PM

From: (Bra=ECnbuster)
Twistedhed wrote in message
... Talk about the
Madison,,,I have seen a trend toward physically bigger radios
again,,especially base stations, but even the drivers are getting
Lincolns and bigger mobiles.
Over this side of the pond, the Jumbos were

quite a cult radio. I think that the attraction

may have been the diagram on the top,

handles on the sides, and the size of the thing.
It was so big, it just had to be powerful :~)

Funny how times change. Remember when the telly was huge and like a
piece of furniture,,,then the seventies and eighties gave way to
micro-sized tv's, now the trend is back to as big as one can afford with
HDTV and plasma sets.

For such a big radio, with SSB, the PSU

seemed pretty poor. I remember the early

ones having terrible FM audio, you could tell

people who were using them or the early

Multimodes. They may as well have shouted

out on all the channels, "I use an illegal CB,

and I vote"... or something like that.

Regards.

Peter.

The handles on the side were so it was easier to carry it to the
repairman g