Old March 1st 04, 05:48 PM
Jeff

Default CB and Microphone Question

Hi All

I've got an Astatic "Road Devil" noice cancelling microphone attached to
my mobile CB rig which is a Uniden 76WXL.

I'm going to be swapping the 76 out of my car for a Uniden Pro520XL
because the radio fits better in the limited space my car has. The 520
comes with a tiny 1000-ohm electret microphone.

Question is, can I use the "Road Devil" mic on the 520? The 520 does
NOT have a microphone gain dial like the 76, so I can't correct it.
Will the Road Devil distort the voice signal?

Advice welcomed!

-Jeff
--
Jeff AT rodentia DOT org