Old March 16th 04, 11:41 PM
Nate Morton

It is not my intention to install 2 radios, only one to monitor
as I drive. I am mostly interested in comments regarding the
antenna (rf ground and electrical ground). Will this be a problem?

I'm thinking of mounting the antenna on the rear ladder rack and
running an electrical ground to the frame. Will this work ok?

On 16 Mar 2004 02:11:04 GMT, AstroDome3cx5000 wrote:

I am about to begin the installation of a cb in my 31' motorhome.
I'd like any info regarding antenna, coax length, power options
and anything that I didn't think of.

I'd like to know what problems you encountered and how you overcame
them. I want to know what works and more important what doesn't.

I will follow this thread closely. Thanks.

I would install two CB's in your motor home for maximum performance. Up front
at the drivers seat you'd do best with a Undiden Pc68xl and a Wilson 1000
antenna center mounted above the cab. In the back I'd seriously look into
investing into either a new Ranger 2950dx or a used Uniden HR2510 off of Ebay
that's already converted to the CB and freeband channels. With either of these
radios, a Antron 99 or Imax 2000 antenna, and a very easy "like 5 minutes" to
put up telescoping pole from radio shack with some good rg8x coax and you'll
have a fine portable base station that will talk around the world and compete
with the best of them no matter where you are and you'll really be able to
enjoy it when your stationary. With a dual setup like this you will have no
compromises.

Old March 16th 04, 11:52 PM
jim

George Kinzer wrote:
push up pole, A99, on wheel base mount.

!
!
!
!

On the internet, no one can hear you modulate.

---

hell there enough toys around here without the wife seeing that hehehe

Old March 17th 04, 12:27 AM
Steveo

jim wrote:
George Kinzer wrote:
push up pole, A99, on wheel base mount.

!
!
!
!

On the internet, no one can hear you modulate.

---

hell there enough toys around here without the wife seeing that hehehe

If it stays up more than four hours you're sposed' to see the doctor.

--
Nowadays it just don't pay to be a good ol' boy.
Old March 17th 04, 12:38 AM
jim

Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

George Kinzer wrote:

push up pole, A99, on wheel base mount.

!
!
!
!

On the internet, no one can hear you modulate.

---

hell there enough toys around here without the wife seeing that hehehe

If it stays up more than four hours you're sposed' to see the doctor.

i told him 12 and he said it was abnormal but live with it

Old March 17th 04, 12:41 AM
Steveo

jim wrote:
Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

George Kinzer wrote:

push up pole, A99, on wheel base mount.

!
!
!
!

On the internet, no one can hear you modulate.

---

hell there enough toys around here without the wife seeing that hehehe

If it stays up more than four hours you're sposed' to see the doctor.

i told him 12 and he said it was abnormal but live with it

He said enjoy, and quitcher' bithchin! g

--
Nowadays it just don't pay to be a good ol' boy.

Old March 17th 04, 12:50 AM
jim

Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

George Kinzer wrote:

push up pole, A99, on wheel base mount.

!
!
!
!

On the internet, no one can hear you modulate.

---

hell there enough toys around here without the wife seeing that hehehe

If it stays up more than four hours you're sposed' to see the doctor.

i told him 12 and he said it was abnormal but live with it

He said enjoy, and quitcher' bithchin! g

what i'm bitchin' about now is having to go out and shovel the 4-6"
we got today. 56 degrees yesterday and now this. hell its st. patricks
day ffs...

Old March 17th 04, 12:57 AM
Steveo

jim wrote:
Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

George Kinzer wrote:

push up pole, A99, on wheel base mount.

!
!
!
!

On the internet, no one can hear you modulate.

---

hell there enough toys around here without the wife seeing that
hehehe

If it stays up more than four hours you're sposed' to see the doctor.

i told him 12 and he said it was abnormal but live with it

He said enjoy, and quitcher' bithchin! g

what i'm bitchin' about now is having to go out and shovel the 4-6"
we got today. 56 degrees yesterday and now this. hell its st. patricks
day ffs...

I feel bad for you, Jim. I'm home for my dinner break before I

They were talking about postponing the parade tomorrow, but now
it's on again. It's always ****ty on St Pats day here.

March is always whack.

--
Nowadays it just don't pay to be a good ol' boy.
Old March 17th 04, 04:38 AM
Landshark

"Steveo" wrote in message
jim wrote:
Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

George Kinzer wrote:

[...]

Man, we've been in the 89's everyday.
Going to ride the bike in tomorrow. Going
to Arizona on Thursday for a Classic Bronco
event, won't be back until Sunday, they expect
to be in the high 80's.

Landshark

--
Hard things are put in our way,
not to stop us, but to call out our

Old March 17th 04, 05:29 AM
George Kinzer

just look at my first reply...it aint THAT difficult.

Old March 17th 04, 02:05 PM
Twistedhed

Jimbo wrote:
before anyone asks how does one put up an

ant99 off a mobile home i saw a setup using a

6' tripod about 6 meters off the back of the

m'home. he was on the beach and smoked.

problem he had was securing it against a stiff

wind.

_
I use an antron all the time when camping. I use bungee cords, usually
in a tall tree.
I've also used it only a few feet above the camper, tying it off to the
entrance rail next to the door. A 20 or 30 foot pushup pole should work
very well. Using the 20 foot pole, one only needs to attach guide wire
to one section if you sink the bottom section in the earth and affix the
"top" bottom section to near the roof.

Need to buy sheets of fiberglass insulation wm2f Antenna 2 December 31st 04 02:57 AM
fiberglass rod Angela & Gary Antenna 5 August 27th 04 01:15 AM
5/8 square fiberglass tubing? Dustin Homebrew 3 August 26th 04 06:34 PM
Luggage Rack on Fiberglass Roof Dave J. Antenna 6 December 26th 03 08:29 PM
Cell & VHF/UHF antenna suggestions for fiberglass RVAntenna Dunc Antenna 11 November 19th 03 11:48 PM