Old March 29th 04, 09:03 PM
Lancer

On 29 Mar 2004 11:28:20 -0800, (I Am Not
George) wrote:

Lancer
wrote:
On 29 Mar 2004 10:34:07 -0800,
(I Am Not
George) wrote:

Lancer
wrote:
On 28 Mar 2004 19:32:16 -0800,

(I Am Not George) wrote:

(Richard Cranium) wrote in message . com...
Ten meter radios are perfectly legal for licensed amateurs to

own,
use, and sell to other licensed amateurs.

Read this dimbulb and try and comprehend

"no person"

-that means no person - not even hams.

Read this dimbulb:

Transceivers used in the Amateur Radio Service below 30 MHz do not
require FCC authorization prior to being imported into or marketed
within the United States, but transceivers for other services,
including the CB Radio Service (CB), do require Commission

approval.

Note: He did say ten Meter Radio.

where

Dual use radios (CB and Ham) will not be certified. Tthe

"10-meter"
transceivers that are on the "list" are not acceptable for
importation
or marketing into/within the United States.

correct, just calling something a a ten meter radio on a web site

does
not certify it

Now tell us again how a Radio Shack HTX-10 10 meter radio is

illegal
to sell in the United States?

where did I say that?

Your reply to Richard. You made it sound like "all" 10 meter radios
where illegal.

this is a CB radio newsgroup dip**** we are not talking about hams
using 10 meters the subject is export cb radios. Sound like you are
trying to confuse people like the export dealers do by calling them 10
meter radios LOL

Funny, your response to him was about a licensed amateur owning,
using, and selling a ten meter radio. And if you will check your
headers, you will see that this is not only posted to rec.radio.cb,
but also to rec.radio.amateur.policy. Sounds like you are the one
thats confused, try to keep up with the thread, dip****. LOL

Old March 30th 04, 12:49 AM
AKC KennelMaster

"I Am Not George" wrote in message
m...
Lancer wrote:
On 29 Mar 2004 10:34:07 -0800,
(I Am Not
George) wrote:

Lancer
wrote:
On 28 Mar 2004 19:32:16 -0800,

(I Am Not George) wrote:

[...]

Makes me wanna go fire up the ol' Icom "export cb radio".

Old March 30th 04, 03:18 AM
Alun

(I Am Not George) wrote in
m:

Lancer
wrote:
On 29 Mar 2004 10:34:07 -0800,
(I Am Not
George) wrote:

Lancer
wrote:
On 28 Mar 2004 19:32:16 -0800,

(I Am Not George) wrote:

(Richard Cranium) wrote in message
ogle.com...
[...]

This is being crossposted to rec.radio.amateur.policy, where a 10 meter
radio really is a 10 meter radio. Too much to expect you to check the
header I suppose.
Old March 30th 04, 03:30 AM
Robert Casey

Alun wrote:

This is being crossposted to rec.radio.amateur.policy, where a 10 meter
radio really is a 10 meter radio.

Some "10 meter radios" have strange features like echo boxes, roger
beeps, and channelized
tuning that no normal HF ham radio set ever has.

It's perfectly fine if a ham takes a CB set and modifies it for use on
10 meters. But
it can no longer be used on the CB band, so adding a switch to create a
dual band
dual service radio is not allowed.

Old March 30th 04, 10:58 AM
Alun

Robert Casey wrote in news:4068DBCB.9030308
@ix.netcom.com:

Alun wrote:

This is being crossposted to rec.radio.amateur.policy, where a 10 meter
radio really is a 10 meter radio.

Some "10 meter radios" have strange features like echo boxes, roger
beeps, and channelized
tuning that no normal HF ham radio set ever has.

I know. However, it's confusing to post to both groups and use a term that
means different things in each place.

It's perfectly fine if a ham takes a CB set and modifies it for use on
10 meters. But
it can no longer be used on the CB band, so adding a switch to create a
dual band
dual service radio is not allowed.

I confess I didn't know that. I own a Ham Major M588 that someone else
converted from CB to 10m, but it doesn't cover anything below 28 MHz now,
so I guess it's OK. Mind you, it's rated at 10W on AM/FM and 20W on SSB, so
it wasn't legal before it was converted! I think it originally had 'high'
channels too.
Old August 17th 10, 09:16 AM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilbur View Post
Forsale like new HR 2600 with chipswitch installed.
The chip switch adds memory channels allows FM splits and many other
features check www.chipswitch.com for info.
The radio was bought new used for a year or so and boxed.
Its is very clean no scrapes or dents included are the stock mic ,mobile
vracket and the manuals for the radio and the chipswitch.
Asking $175.00
Email
If your still have this radio I would like to buy it. Please email me at - thanks, Emmit