Old March 30th 04, 09:32 PM
Geo

Default wiring question

I'm ready to install a newly purchased cb in my van for an upcoming
trip. However, I want to be able to move the unit to my other car when
the need arises. Is the best power source solution simply using a
cigarette lighter adapter or is it better to hardwire the system in
with some kind of male-female adapter/connector setup? If hardwiring is
the better solution I would appreciate the best way to do this (ie what
are the parts I need, schematics, etc.). Thanks in advance.

Old March 31st 04, 01:13 AM
Steveo

Geo wrote:
I'm ready to install a newly purchased cb in my van for an upcoming
trip. However, I want to be able to move the unit to my other car when
the need arises. Is the best power source solution simply using a
cigarette lighter adapter or is it better to hardwire the system in
with some kind of male-female adapter/connector setup? If hardwiring is
the better solution I would appreciate the best way to do this (ie what
are the parts I need, schematics, etc.). Thanks in advance.

If you're only gonna use it on the highway the cig plug is fine.
Old March 31st 04, 05:44 AM
Landshark

"Steveo" wrote in message
Geo wrote:
I'm ready to install a newly purchased cb in my van for an upcoming
trip. However, I want to be able to move the unit to my other car when
the need arises. Is the best power source solution simply using a
cigarette lighter adapter or is it better to hardwire the system in
with some kind of male-female adapter/connector setup? If hardwiring is
the better solution I would appreciate the best way to do this (ie what
are the parts I need, schematics, etc.). Thanks in advance.

If you're only gonna use it on the highway the cig plug is fine.

Agreed.

Landshark

--
Courage is what it takes to stand up
and speak; courage is also what it

Old April 12th 04, 02:35 PM

Before the travel date, hook the radio to the lighter plug and check,
with the motor running, that you are free of engine/alternator noise on
the radio. Some will work fine and others will need filtering via the
battery. You don't want surprises on your first trip. If you feel the
need to go via the battery youcan find red and black zip cord at most
auto sound sotres, fuse the wires on both positive and negative, but if
you must, then positive only. Consider Anderson Power connectors because
they are easy to install and becoming more standard.

Geo wrote:

I'm ready to install a newly purchased cb in my van for an upcoming
trip. However, I want to be able to move the unit to my other car when
the need arises. Is the best power source solution simply using a
cigarette lighter adapter or is it better to hardwire the system in
with some kind of male-female adapter/connector setup? If hardwiring is
the better solution I would appreciate the best way to do this (ie what
are the parts I need, schematics, etc.). Thanks in advance.

Anyone know power plug wiring for SBE-33? Dave Barnett Boatanchors 8 August 30th 15 10:21 PM
WIRING question ? Mike Coslo Policy 49 July 11th 04 12:56 AM
Newbie TV rotator question, wiring CME Antenna 1 March 3rd 04 09:42 PM
BPL Video On-Line JJ Policy 31 August 17th 03 09:12 PM