Old April 27th 04, 01:52 AM
Fred and Donna Adkins

Default Intermittent Static in Headset?

I have an older Midland CB (model 77-225A) which was modified by J&M for use
on a motorcycle. After several days of use, I hear intermittent static in
my headset.

I did a google search on this newsgroup but didn't find much that helped.
Are there any suggestions as to what might be the cause, and cure?

Appreciate the help!

Fred

Old April 27th 04, 01:22 PM
Richard Cranium

"Fred and Donna Adkins" wrote in message ...
I have an older Midland CB (model 77-225A) which was modified by J&M for use
on a motorcycle. After several days of use, I hear intermittent static in
my headset.

I did a google search on this newsgroup but didn't find much that helped.
Are there any suggestions as to what might be the cause, and cure?

Appreciate the help!

Fred

Does this happen only when you are in motion, or when you're parked as
well? If the former, see if jiggling the headset plug slightly clears
it up. Since it's an older radio, the Ext Spkr/headphone jack may not
be making a firm contact with the plug. You could temporarily shim it
(maybe with a paper match or something else that will fit), but the
permanent fix is to have the jack replaced.
Old April 27th 04, 10:56 PM
Jim Hampton

"Fred and Donna Adkins" wrote in message
I have an older Midland CB (model 77-225A) which was modified by J&M for

use
on a motorcycle. After several days of use, I hear intermittent static in
my headset.

I did a google search on this newsgroup but didn't find much that helped.
Are there any suggestions as to what might be the cause, and cure?

Appreciate the help!

Fred

Fred,

There is also the possibility of a component with a bad solder joint. With
the radio on (but not the bike), rap on the radio (no, not to break it, but
to see if the static starts). It could be a loose connection on the circuit
board of the radio (or loose connection to the mic/headset jack/plug).

73 from Rochester, NY
Jim

---

question re GE Superadio III static ronaug Dx 2 December 10th 04 03:55 PM
question re GE Superadio III static ronaug Dx 0 December 9th 04 03:40 PM
Road static? John Smith Antenna 19 January 11th 04 03:55 PM
FM Reception Static Problem mBird Antenna 2 October 19th 03 03:41 PM
IC706 Headset adapter? R Packer II Homebrew 0 July 20th 03 09:38 PM