Old May 7th 04, 02:56 AM
Steveo

jim wrote:
Steveo wrote:
jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

jim wrote:

Steveo wrote:

"Road Warrior" wrote:

Steveo wrote:

"Road Warrior" wrote:

Four more days and I am off to DC for an estimated 2-3 years.
:-(

That blows, but I'm sure you'll make the best of it.

What other choice do I have? :-) I can retire, and sit on my ass
at home until I succumb from complete friggin boredom.

You'll get fat, old and squeaky if you do that.

dc area is expensive.
fat hmm maybe. old, its inevitable. squeaky, use lube

He lives in Georgia, so the traveling might keep him (in) trim. g

Many sights to see and enjoy carefully in DC.

dc is nice if one is careful. the tube is great and interesting that
one can see an approaching train by a series of lights illuminating.
its for the folks at galluidet (sp?) university who are hearing
impaired. georgetown has some very good restuarants.
will be in baltimore monday to test some subsea repeaters and will
experience the nightlife there.

You should email Road W and fill him in on that scene, since you know
a little about it. He's bumming. (email me for his email)

Be careful in Baltimore, their stolen football team wears lavender.

lavendar eh? still a dangerous f'ball team this upcoming year.

Maybe, it's still tuff to like them if you're a Cleveland Browns
fan. Art can not go to the HOF, while he's alive.

spent some time in the area working military related projects years
back. its a bitch to work that area on ssb due to it being close, 200
miles or so.

...but you're still loud someplace if the band is open.

--
I won't retire, but I might retread.
Old May 7th 04, 11:24 PM
Road Warrior

jim wrote:
dc area is expensive.

The client (US gummint) pays all consulting expenses. I am actually going
to be at a building in Maryland, about 15 miles from Reagan or 25 miles
from BWI. Still trying to find out which airport is easier to get in to and
out of. Any oppinion on that part of it?

--
_____________________________________
Hotel sheets, rental cars, late flights, fast food.

Old May 7th 04, 11:29 PM
Road Warrior

Steveo wrote:
You should email Road W and fill him in on that scene, since you know
a little about it. He's bumming. (email me for his email)

I am really bumming about the location. A friend is already at the site,
and he said the location is really bad. IIRC, the words he used were
"creepy - in a ghetto drive-by shooting kind of way". Why would the US
Gummint do that to such a nice group of folks that are just helping them
install their ERP systems? I will be on a street right off of Annapolis
Rd, In Lanham, MD; about a mile from 495.

--
_____________________________________

Old May 8th 04, 01:52 PM
jim

Road Warrior wrote:
jim wrote:

dc area is expensive.

The client (US gummint) pays all consulting expenses. I am actually going
to be at a building in Maryland, about 15 miles from Reagan or 25 miles
from BWI. Still trying to find out which airport is easier to get in to and
out of. Any oppinion on that part of it?

i've done some businees in the baltimore area and always used bwi. never
had to drive out of reagan so i couldn't offer a comment on that airport.