Old May 10th 04, 11:53 AM
Dave Hall

On Fri, 07 May 2004 03:39:02 GMT, "Landshark"
wrote:

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message

You forgot about these Lee:

Before the
Federal Communications Commission
Washington, D.C. 20554

Irrelevant. This is a CB newsgroup. The "bad apples" of the ham radio
fraternity have no bearing on what happens here.

Besides, two wrongs do not make a right. The fact that there are a
fair percentage of bad hams, does not diminish the seriousness of
illegal CB operation.

The original poster was not asking for information about "peaked and
tuned" ham radios.......

Dave
"Sandbagger"

http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj
Old May 10th 04, 11:57 AM
Dave Hall

On Sat, 08 May 2004 13:50:35 GMT, "Landshark"
wrote:

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message

"Landshark" wrote in message
. com...

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message

You forgot about these Lee:

It's totally irrelevant to the question by the original poster concerning
use of modified equipment on 11m.

Totally relevant, you made a post, I countered with one
of dozens of hams doing far worse things.

This is not a ham newsgroup. What happens on ham radio is irrelevant
to the cause of CB radio.

Dave
"Sandbagger"

http://home.ptd.net/~n3cvj

Old May 10th 04, 12:58 PM
Steveo

wrote:

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message

"Landshark" wrote in message
. com...

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message

You forgot about these Lee:

It's totally irrelevant to the question by the original poster
concerning use of modified equipment on 11m.

Totally relevant, you made a post, I countered with one
of dozens of hams doing far worse things.

This is not a ham newsgroup. What happens on ham radio is irrelevant
to the cause of CB radio.

Except for the fact that certain hams like to come here to ****
with us CBers, and Jerry likes to post the enforcement logs.

So yes it is relevant.

--
I won't retire, but I might retread.
Old May 10th 04, 12:59 PM
Steveo

wrote:

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message

You forgot about these Lee:

Before the
Federal Communications Commission
Washington, D.C. 20554

Irrelevant. This is a CB newsgroup. The "bad apples" of the ham radio
fraternity have no bearing on what happens here.

Besides, two wrongs do not make a right. The fact that there are a
fair percentage of bad hams, does not diminish the seriousness of
illegal CB operation.

The original poster was not asking for information about "peaked and
tuned" ham radios.......

Get over yourself, or buy a badge.

--
I won't retire, but I might retread.

Old May 10th 04, 02:26 PM
Landshark

wrote:

"Leland C. Scott" wrote in message

You forgot about these Lee:

Before the
Federal Communications Commission
Washington, D.C. 20554

Irrelevant. This is a CB newsgroup. The "bad apples" of the ham radio
fraternity have no bearing on what happens here.

Sure it does, Lee posts stuff about cb'rs getting busted,
Jer does, N8 does, WA3MOJ does, so why can all these
people put up things about cb'rs, but I can't post this
about Hams? A little one-sided don't you think? Naw,
never mind.

Besides, two wrongs do not make a right. The fact that there are a
fair percentage of bad hams, does not diminish the seriousness of
illegal CB operation.

Agreed, but the fact that this is a CB newsgroup that a couple of
certain hams (N8WWM, WA3MOJ) are trolling this group and
posting that just to inflame is ok? I think not, anymore than if
someone went onto the Ham groups and posted about Hams being
busted and then making statements that most hams are illegal, I
would think that would make them upset too.

The original poster was not asking for information about "peaked and
tuned" ham radios.......

OK, so? This is a CB newsgroup. Not a Ham newsgroup.

Dave

Landshark

--
My bad..the camera is mightier than the blowhard(s)..in most respects.

Old May 11th 04, 12:50 AM
BP

FlavaFlav wrote in
: